GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else trade in there 2010 for a 2012?

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
I've wanted to make the same move as well. Mostly because I'm looking down the road and seeing the need for a four door eventually. And strangely, I'm starting to like the look of the 4 door better.

My dealership has offers to buy your used vw and get you in a new one. If I could keep my payments the same I'd be cool with that.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Ready to race!
Two questions:

1) When is mk7 expected?

2) How have the options changed for 12? It appears there is no longer a sunroof-nav package but now it's sunroof-convenience and nav is a different category. Can anyone clarify?

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've wanted to make the same move as well. Mostly because I'm looking down the road and seeing the need for a four door eventually. And strangely, I'm starting to like the look of the 4 door better.

I don't know what it is, but they grow on you. I bought a 4-door for practical reasons, but always thought 2-doors looked better. Now I actually prefer the 4-doors. Like you said, strange.

Walter2

Ready to race!
Life is calling for a more practical care, and having DSG + 4 door fits that bill. Having a manual has definitely put me in a few binds where my girlfriend can't drive my car and if I had had an automatic, life would be a lot easier. Plus with a dog having 4 doors is just way better for her.

Funny thing is, I am having the same problem as I did last time. Two cars here both 4 DR DSG, but only Sunroof/Conv. I really wish I could just add xenons as I don't want navigation. Decisions, Decisions.

P

plac

Life is calling for a more practical care, and having DSG + 4 door fits that bill. Having a manual has definitely put me in a few binds where my girlfriend can't drive my car and if I had had an automatic, life would be a lot easier. Plus with a dog having 4 doors is just way better for her.

Funny thing is, I am having the same problem as I did last time. Two cars here both 4 DR DSG, but only Sunroof/Conv. I really wish I could just add xenons as I don't want navigation. Decisions, Decisions.

nothing wrong with having navigation.. aside from the price. its a sweet unit. i didnt think i'd use it, but i have, plenty of times.

Walter2

Ready to race!
Just have to wait for a car to show up on island. Should be one here soon.

McQueen77

Banned
2-3 HOURS?? yes..

Haha, jesus yeah, even I'd go DSG if faced with that much traffic. I don't spend a lot of time in serious traffic, despite living in the traffic capital of the US, so manual is easier for me to stomach. If I had to do that rush hour crawl up and down 405 every day, I might think differently.

Still, I don't really get it OP. You want to go through all the hassle and potential financial hit to get...another GTI with a few more features?? Are the headlights that big of a deal? If I was going to go through all that BS it would have to be for a completely different car. After all that you'll just be in another GTI, but w/DSG and a few more features.. Get one of the new 328i turbo 4s or something.. something more interesting for the trouble? Or a Golf R.. Something. But thats a manual only so I dont know. Lot of trade-early guys on this board.. Id just keep the car.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Why not just get a CC ? r lines are crazy cheap to lease (great money factors) and it fits almost all of your wants/needs.

I recently took on a job that requires over 60 miles a day of commuting on a bullshit hy 17-880 I want to kill myself most days -seriously do.. not kidding.

Auto or dsg would be nice. but hell no would i ever move laterally when making a next car purchase... at this point i would move into a used luxury battle cruiser's like the S classes S8's and sevens, they have my eye- whenever i can get my finances in check.

I remember being stuck in hellish trafic in my home town KONA HI, that place got stupid crowded after the boom around 2005:eyebulge:

Walter2

Ready to race!
I really have no interest in any other car. I have looked at everything, and I think that the GTI is the best car around for its price. I want a hatch which doesn't leave many options. A3 is nice but out of my range. I dont like the FSI in the Golf R and I think it costs to much.

I think the GTI is a really nice car built on a great platform. I know my car now is perfectly fine the way it is now, but if I can find a way to maintain the same payments without losing to much, I will do it.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
seems reasonable to me :w00t:

Also,

I drink my own pee because its sterile and.. i like the taste.