GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R in freezing rain

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
This pic was taken after 4 inches hit Blue Mt. PA. Shortly after the pic was taken, I pulled out of the parking spot and a mk4 golf was stuck spinning wheels in the parking in front of me and a group snow boarders (that appeared to be smoking something that smelled kinda good!) nearby ran to his rescue and gave him a push to get going up the incline. A few must have been dubbers because they were cheering for the my R and one yelled "Yeah buddy, Golf R AWD rules!". So of coarse, I threw them the "V" and proceeded to do a ricer flyby lol.

just a few 'tex links re:golf R in the snow:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5919913-Mid-Season-Winter-Tire-Report-Card

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5902331-The-Official-Golf-R-quot-Snow-quot-Thread

So my gf, who monitors my forum activities from time to time because whenever she gets more than two sentences into a story I lose interest and and hit refresh on the R page, required that I credit her for the pic above (nice shot baby!) AND show of her GTI in the snow taken the same night:

In a relationship, requirements such as this occasionally pop up and, when they do, it is just best to abide.

Edit: my bad, baby! "Stage 2" GTI :lol:

Last edited:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
^well I had to skillfully get her GTI out of that mess and onto a salted road. At that point, I got in the R and drove slowly in front of her because left to he own devices she'd step on the gas because she likes the sound of the intake/turbo/exhaust working harmoniously together at the whim of foot. I tell her I saved her life that night by driving slow ahead of her:D

Buferd

Ready to race!
We have an intersection in our neighborhood that gets zambonied (by cars stopping and going) and I just thought I would see how the R faired last night with it being super polished and way cold. Stopping wasn't bad. I don't know if these P Zero Nero tires are actually what is doing well or the bigger brakes on the R make a difference but it was noticed (I would say both because a friend of mine with a older Honda Accord ran P Zero Neros on his car and when he saw that's what the R had after I got it he said "Those tires run very well in snow too"). Even going in combination with the ASR (traction control) it did really good. I was impressed very much. I just love this car. It is such a nimble little thing and with the AWD it just zips along. Loving my decision to get it over the GTI :thumbup::cool:

Buferd

Ready to race!
Fuuuuuuuu it was cold this morning! -20 out here at work. Car was so cold that when I got in it there was no give to the suspension. Like sitting on a cold rock. Shifting... like sludging through molasses...:sly:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Fuuuuuuuu it was cold this morning! -20 out here at work. Car was so cold that when I got in it there was no give to the suspension. Like sitting on a cold rock. Shifting... like sludging through molasses...:sly:

Thats pretty darn cold... Last time I saw temps like that was at Sugarloaf in Maine. It was a boys ski trip but, of coarse, one guy had to bring his gf... It was our first day on the slopes and with the wind it was -50 Fahrenheit. Any exposed skin was frost bitten and they close the mountain within an hour of opening. The girls goggles fogged and froze so she lifted them up and withing two turns her eyes teared and FROZE SHUT! She wailed in agony as we huddled around her to keep her warm until ski patrol showed up. I got frost bitten in a tiny sliver of skin exposed between my goggles and face mask, also my big toes had mild frost bite. Careful out there!