GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can you spot your TDI?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
A TDI graveyard...sad

ahard48

Ready to race!
Even the pictures of the abandoned Pontiac Silverdome is crazy.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Wondering if they'd be willing to part out any of those cars if they're headed to the scrap heap lol.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I actually traded in my TDI in 2013, and have seen it twice since then.

Paytrose

Ready to race!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Dat blue A3 Titanium Pkg w/ Xenon and Sunroof....Maaaaan

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
So what they heck will they do with all those cars? I understand not touching the engine, but there is a world of parts that other non-TDI vehicles can salvage. That would still be more "eco-friendly" than just sending all of these vehicles to the crusher.

ahard48

Ready to race!
I think the article mentioned that if they get approval to fix the emissions they can salvage the cars, if not then they all go to salvage yards. If they don't crush them then possibly we might be able to buy parts from the yards? I can see good profit being made if that happens.

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
I bought a Touareg TDi about 6 months ago, I will not be selling it or sending it back to VW when the buy back starts in Canada. Great vehicle, such a shame this happened, currently looking for a 2015 Sportwagon TDi Highline (SEL equivalent in the USA).

zrickety

The Fixer
I heard a guy was on the news, he stripped the car down doors and all. One seat, said the only stipulation was that it was driveable. Going to court but I think VW will lose that case.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
No way he is going to win that case. They had a write up him & what did in Jalopnik a while ago. Steve Lehto did a podcast about it too. He was trying to screw VW over & IMO screwed himself.