GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Guy Question

parrothead1809

Just picked up a 2011 Golf 2.5 5Cyl with 30k miles on it. As far as I can tell it isn't a turbo, but there is some lag from the time you step on the gas, to when the car accelerates. Is this normal?

Thanks,
-PH

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up a 2011 Golf 2.5 5Cyl with 30k miles on it. As far as I can tell it isn't a turbo, but there is some lag from the time you step on the gas, to when the car accelerates. Is this normal?

Thanks,
-PH

What transmission do you have?

zrickety

The Fixer
Drive by wire sucks if it's the first time you've had to deal with it.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines

2.5 R5 20v (EA855; Americas/Mid. East)[edit]
This engine is only used in the North American, South American, and Middle Eastern markets, as the replacement for the inline-four naturally aspirated 2.0 litre 8v.

identification
parts code prefix: 07K
engine displacement & engine configuration
2,480 cubic centimetres (151.3 cu in) inline five engine (R5/I5); bore x stroke: 82.5 by 92.8 millimetres (3.25 in × 3.65 in), stroke ratio: 0.89:1 - undersquare/long-stroke, 496.1 cc per cylinder
cylinder block & crankcase
GJL250 grey cast iron; two-part oil sump, 6-bolt cast or die-forged steel crankshaft with six steel main bearings, water-cooled oil cooler
cylinder head & valvetrain
cast aluminium alloy; four valves per cylinder, 20 valves total, low-friction roller finger cam followers with automatic hydraulic valve clearance compensation, chain-driven (relay method, using two simplex roller chains) double overhead camshaft (DOHC), variable intake valve timing
aspiration
cast aluminium intake manifold, single throttle body with electronically controlled 'drive by wire' throttle butterfly valve