GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

370z vs Mk6 GTI

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
So earlier today I was driving down a two lane street and in my rear view mirror I see a 370z (verified it was a manual) :happyanim:. So i decide to mess with him a little bit to see if he's down for a quick run. We mess with each other for a bit, then we go to an abandoned street where we race from a 35 roll (both in 2nd gear). Much to my surprise I beat him by about 1.5 car lengths (one and a half cars between his front bumper and my rear bumper. We went to 120, and at no point was he catching up to me, it was a constant pull on my part.

I am currently APR Stage 2. (3" ATP catless downpipe, BSH race intake, APR Stage 2 tune)

Just thought I'd share this story of how our little 4 bangers can beat 330hp V6s that do 0-60 in 4.8 and trap 107+ in the quarter.

Please comment.

Thanks.

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I think this is more like a racing story vs the other one that is an actual comparison of features.

Ah, I see. Street racing is brilliant.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
Stage 2 in definitely quicker than Stage 1. The jump from stock to stage 1 feels greater do to the increase in torque. But stage 2 really opens up third and fourth gear, I'd strongly recommend going stage 2:happyanim:

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
youre a fag. unitronic whores you everyday and twice on sunday. 6 speed manual stage 2 unitronic gti > dsg apr stage 2 gti hahaha just kidding dude. we gotta chill one of these days

mikochu

boogerface
I was consistently one second faster around the track than my friend in his 370Z. Pretty much the same setup, APR Stage 2, downpipe and intake.

mikochu

boogerface
Stage 2 in definitely quicker than Stage 1. The jump from stock to stage 1 feels greater do to the increase in torque. But stage 2 really opens up third and fourth gear, I'd strongly recommend going stage 2:happyanim:

The jump from Stage 0 to Stage 1 was much bigger than Stage 1 to Stage 2...I have dyno results to prove it :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The jump from Stage 0 to Stage 1 was much bigger than Stage 1 to Stage 2...I have dyno results to prove it :(

Can you share the graphs? would definitely love to see em :)

mikochu

boogerface

This is with a BSH Race Intake, 42DD Race Series DP, and APR Stage 2. Same dyno, but temperature were probably different.

BentValve

Ready to race!
I looked at a 2010 370Z before I picked up my GTI , the car did not feel that powerful off the line.

The 2010 370Z is rated at 332hp & 270 lb-ft with a curb weight of ~3200lbs
so the 370Z has up at the top end at the very minimum.

IMO the most impressive thing about the 370Z were the brakes, and I am sure the power would be fun too but I was not able to get into it on a test drive. Same thing with my GTI, I was not that fond of the GTI until I had the car around a week.

The 370 is also more of a cop magnet. :thumbdown: Nice car though. :cool:

Oh and I saved about 15Gs by going with the GTI over the 370.

Now if only the Nissan GT-R were the price of the 370Z id have bought the GT-R in a heartbeat. :D
Check that bad boy out. :p........>>>