GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! GTI Problem

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
maybe ask about TSB 2028783? i had my clutch replaced under it

Brawn80

Ready to race!
I believe its only limited speeds of 40 mph (no rpm limited) since they know the valet will be flooring the shit out of it
Last I tried valet mode, you floor it, it gives you the the power output of a Prius.. There is a drastic reduction in acceleration. I haven't ever driven it at 40mph so I can't tell you about the speed limiter. To be honest, I think I've only ever put it into valet mode twice since my tune. I don't think it limits the rpm, but it changes the mapping so you have decreased power. This is as best I remember.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Last I tried valet mode, you floor it, it gives you the the power output of a Prius.. There is a drastic reduction in acceleration. I haven't ever driven it at 40mph so I can't tell you about the speed limiter. To be honest, I think I've only ever put it into valet mode twice since my tune. I don't think it limits the rpm, but it changes the mapping so you have decreased power. This is as best I remember.

Basically makes our cars as 100 hp

zrickety

The Fixer
A weak or leaking slave cylinder would give you similar symptoms. Certainly sounds like a clutch issue.

dre25

Passed Driver's Ed
Computers won't lock you out of a mechanical transmission! If it has to do with not gettin into higher gears while in high rpm, something tells me that thee is easily a tranny issue for sure. Even though we have computers in these cars, the manual transmission is still mechanical. Pushing in the clutch and changing gears is all 100% mechanical! Get it dropped and have it checked! The tranny that is!

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Just got a 2010 gti with 55k miles on it.

Everything on the car was in great condition and worked great. Except for one thing.

I noticed that at higher RPMs I was getting "locked" out of certain gears. And downshifting was completley impossible by being blocked in to hte lower gears?

I am now forced to rev match adn stay at low rpms in order to shift.

I belive it might be a problem with the computer? Has anyone else experienced this before? Any advice on what to do?

Figured my best option would be to take it in to the dealership and have them reset the computer?

Fuckingg pressure platee! Same exact shit happened to me lol. Covered by the dealer under warranty atleast :thumbup: