GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs 400HP BMW 750LI

Dybz

Banned
caranddriver clocked one of these at 13.6 @ 108 in the quarter... i could see it being a pretty even race, but would have thought the 750 would pull up top, not the GTI.

i can't say i've officially raced a 750Li, but this morning one was in the left lane on the highway and i was in the right. the two were merging up ahead of us. he was about 2 cars ahead of me and gunned it to make sure he could squeeze in. i happened to downshift and gun it to not let him in (being the asshole i am) at the same time he did but we were basically exactly even for about 5 seconds with him keeping those 2 cars ahead and not pulling.

again, this does not constitute a real race, but from about 40-80 or so we were pretty much even. the lanes were merging after a toll btw.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't own a 7 series BMW *yawn*

Nice race btw

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Any 7 owner who seriously races with that car is dumb. And it's an Li model so it's stretched and heavier. 7s are for lux cruising but they handle really really well for a vehicle that size. Much better than comparable S and LS I've driven. Good power, but they aren't race cars.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
yeah, I've had plenty of pull up next to me before in the 7 looking to race. Ain't happening and should have been obvious with the heavy 22s I had lol. I think people who get into one of these beasts expecting high price tag = fast performance will be sorely disappointed. It's the one car I'd rather be in the back seat with my feet stretched out on the foot rest than on the pedal.

Last edited:
yeah yeah. quick type on my way out to lunch. :yikes: And serious, what does that even mean and totally off topic. :iono:
So was 'petal.' I'm messing with you bro. :thumbsup:

OP: Not really sure how you were right next to the new 750, but you are basically fully bolted minus K04? That always helps. I creeped away from an M5 once. Poor guy must've forgot to push the 'power' button :D

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
yeah, I've had plenty of pull up next to me before in the 7 looking to race. Ain't happening and should have been obvious with the heavy 22s I had lol. I think people who get into one of these beasts expecting high price tag = fast performance will be sorely disappointed. It's the one car I'd rather be in the back seat with my feet stretched out on the foot rest than on the pedal.

Well it plays with a stage 2 GTI, so it's not a slow car.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Today a recent style black MB S500 wanted to play too, pulled on him so damn bad....

WTF is up with people with huge luxury cars...?