GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

raked look with H&R sports?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Installed H&R sports over the weekend (amongst other things). All the research I did indicated it was a level drop. I got about a 1 tight finger gap in the front and 2 loose finger gap in the rear. It's quite a difference. The fronts are also quite a bit lower than I anticipated. It's almost tucking tire.

Note that I did also swap in B6 passat spindles, but nothing I researched indicated that would affect ride height. I did see indications that there were 4dr/2dr dsg/6spd differences in springs, but nowhere does H&R indicate separate part numbers for our car.. they all state the same part #.

Any suggestions?

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Installed H&R sports over the weekend (amongst other things). All the research I did indicated it was a level drop. I got about a 1 tight finger gap in the front and 2 loose finger gap in the rear. It's quite a difference. The fronts are also quite a bit lower than I anticipated. It's almost tucking tire.

Note that I did also swap in B6 passat spindles, but nothing I researched indicated that would affect ride height. I did see indications that there were 4dr/2dr dsg/6spd differences in springs, but nowhere does H&R indicate separate part numbers for our car.. they all state the same part #.

Any suggestions?

Drive it a bit, and let them settle.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Drive it a bit, and let them settle.

Fair enough. I guess I was skeptical that they would settle out that much, but I suppose time will tell.

kerp

Ready to race!
I have H&R sport springs on my 6MT GTI (slightly lighter transmission than DSG). I certainly have rake but it isn't that bad. Less significant than your picture. Looking through old pics, here's the best ones I could find to show my rake (not great pictures for this purpose, sorry). Hopefully yours settles in closer to mine.

Sorry for getting off topic, but did those OEM mud flaps scrape all day? I'm stock height and about to move to VWR springs, already have a torn one haha. Got some lowered Rokblokz cheap I'm switching to, but was just curious.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I have almost the exact same car. I'm curious, are there springs that don't drop it that low? I'm also curious to see where the car settles, I wouldn't imagine it settles and brings the car up at all in the front but I don't have experience with suspension on these cars.

kerp

Ready to race!
I have almost the exact same car. I'm curious, are there springs that don't drop it that low? I'm also curious to see where the car settles, I wouldn't imagine it settles and brings the car up at all in the front but I don't have experience with suspension on these cars.

Common favorites are DG and VWR springs. DG will be more conservative with the drop opposed to the VWR. May also be a tad more comfortable. Both are designed to work with the stock suspension components, but many people like to pair them up with Koni or Bilstein shocks/ struts.

I absolutely love the look of these springs, but had to compromise between aesthetics and my demands for the car.

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
Yea let them settle bud. They should even a bit out more. I remember the first time I saw that I was like what the hell did I do lol.

I run Neuspeed sport with bilstein shocks/struts. A decent drop but not as low as h&r ss.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Common favorites are DG and VWR springs. DG will be more conservative with the drop opposed to the VWR. May also be a tad more comfortable. Both are designed to work with the stock suspension components, but many people like to pair them up with Koni or Bilstein shocks/ struts.

I absolutely love the look of these springs, but had to compromise between aesthetics and my demands for the car.

Great info, thanks!

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for getting off topic, but did those OEM mud flaps scrape all day? I'm stock height and about to move to VWR springs, already have a torn one haha. Got some lowered Rokblokz cheap I'm switching to, but was just curious.

Front mud flaps scrape when going over almost all speed bumps. I take it slow and haven't had a problem. They don't look torn up. If I was any lower I would remove them.

Rear flaps never scrape.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
with DSG you definitely get the raked look with H&R Sports. I ended up swapping back to DG springs for this reason.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i think rake looks cool