GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
yes, with a fee... if i wanted to avoid paying an installation fee, would it be a hard DIY?

You'll still need to pay shipping to ship the ECU to the APR HQ.

If that's not an issue, you'll just need to remove the windshield wipers, cut the security bolts holding the ECU in place, remove the ECU and ship it to us.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
How much boost are we supposed to make on stage 2 new version 2.2?

the most i have seen was between 17 and 18psi in relatively cool nights, i have heard people getting 20psi?!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
How much boost are we supposed to make on stage 2 new version 2.2?

the most i have seen was between 17 and 18psi in relatively cool nights, i have heard people getting 20psi?!

Since you are not in North America, it's possible you still have version 1.1. Could you send me your name and I'll look and see?

ray ebz

Ready to race!
One more question for you Arin, sorry for being a noob :( but do you recommend putting this on a new car or should the engine be broken in first? Thanks in advance :)

mattchow

Ready to race!
Hey Arin, if I had my hand out and wanted to shake hands with you, would you give me a proper hand shake or would you left hand shake me?

themaxx

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm considering picking up a MK6 GTI and I will immediately want to install some APR goodies; Stage I ECU at a minimum, possibly more.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have any APR dealers here in Oklahoma City, which means I'll need to head out of town for the install. Can anyone recommend a dealer between here and Dallas/Arlington? Here are the dealers closest to me according to the APR site. Anyone have experience (good or bad) with any of these guys?

Speedsportz in Tulsa, OK: Their web site is dated and doesn't say anything about VW or APR.
Eurosport Automotive in Plano, TX.
Import Car Center in Grapevine, TX.
Dub Squared in Arlington, TX.

I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations, endorsements, or cautionary tales. Thanks!

ray ebz

Ready to race!
Hey Arin, I just got the stage 1 ECU trial put in today in my 2011 GTI 6 speed manual, and overall I do notice a good gain in power, but 1 concern I have is when I open up the throttle, my car seems to start "surging" I guess you can say, well at least that what the dealer who installed mine called it when I called after the installation. You can definitely here my turbo go in an out while the engine revs up and you can feel the car rock back and forth while accelerating, almost like a car putting along lol. Really hard to explain, but the dealer said it was completely normal and that my car has to get used to the new program and that I will notice it disappear after a few hours, which I haven't... Maybe you can explain this better to me because this is really a deciding factor on whether or not I want to go through with the purchase of the full tune... Thanks in advance broham

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Hey Arin, I just got the stage 1 ECU trial put in today in my 2011 GTI 6 speed manual, and overall I do notice a good gain in power, but 1 concern I have is when I open up the throttle, my car seems to start "surging" I guess you can say, well at least that what the dealer who installed mine called it when I called after the installation. You can definitely here my turbo go in an out while the engine revs up and you can feel the car rock back and forth while accelerating, almost like a car putting along lol. Really hard to explain, but the dealer said it was completely normal and that my car has to get used to the new program and that I will notice it disappear after a few hours, which I haven't... Maybe you can explain this better to me because this is really a deciding factor on whether or not I want to go through with the purchase of the full tune... Thanks in advance broham

When you first flash the car it clears all of the fuel trim information and other adaptive values. Give it a day and it will be perfect.

ray ebz

Ready to race!
When you first flash the car it clears all of the fuel trim information and other adaptive values. Give it a day and it will be perfect.

Yea well stinks that the trial is only for 6 hours bc I haven't driven it at it's full potential lol