GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - Install rear color reflector

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
To those who wondering if the rear reflector can be install without removing the rear bumper and the answer is YES,the Key is be patient.;)

Jack up the rear , u can remove the wheel if u like to gain easy access to the liner.

There are 2 screws there holding the liner, remove it u should see a bracket show in pic .

remove it and now try use tool to unclip the reflector and it should cone right out.

Last edited:

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I m not that good at it , just trying to prove it can be done without rear bumper removal .

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
post pics where the bolts are, what size they bolts are and what tools to use.

I want to smoke my rear markers as well so let us know

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
if you have small to medium hands and with a long nose pliers the tabs are also accesible underneath. its only the 3rd tab towards the front of the car thats the most difficult because something in the bumper semi-obstructs it. and yes it can be done without the bumper off and even without jacking the car up.

*also, when i did mine, its more of a feel of touch thing as well as estimating where the 3rd tab is. tabs 1 and 2 are easy. i also dont have the diy pics (it was dark in there, hence i only did it by feel) but i do have the uninstalled pics of the markers with the smoke laminx film. if anybody wants a picture of that hit me up with a pm.

Last edited: