GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is it true that removing visor stickers = dealers replace them?

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
I heard that if you remove the airbag stickers from the visors, dealers will replace them whenever you take your car in for service, since it is the dealer's responsibility that the car have all proper warnings (to protect them from lawsuit)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Where did you hear this from?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
my dealer never did anything. i got to get around to removing the other sticker sometime. i cant get the wire lose for the visor. ugh :(

michal

Go Kart Champion
I heard that if you remove the airbag stickers from the visors, dealers will replace them whenever you take your car in for service, since it is the dealer's responsibility that the car have all proper warnings (to protect them from lawsuit)

I've been to dealership for service 2 times since I removed those stickers. Nobody has ever mentioned about replacing the visors.

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
my dealer never did anything. i got to get around to removing the other sticker sometime. i cant get the wire lose for the visor. ugh :(

its possible to remove the sticker without removing the visor. I think you need to use really high concentration IPA, and be sure not to leave it on too long (or it will make a prominent sticker stain).

just look at the tons of other threads..I avent even done it yet but I've read like 3 of them :)

good luck

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I think you need to use really high concentration IPA

Yep, just get > 90% isopropyl alcohol... higher the better.

Also, I thing Rogue's Yellow Snow is an awesome high concentration IPA, but I'd put it in my belly before I'd put it on my visor. ;)

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Also, I thing Rogue's Yellow Snow is an awesome high concentration IPA, but I'd put it in my belly before I'd put it on my visor. ;)

Was the first thing that came to mind when when I read IPA :w00t:

That being said I've worked at dealers, no one checks the visors, no one replaces the visors if a sticker is missing except during a cpo. It isn't VWs or the dealers responsiblity to place/pay for them no more then it is their responsibility to remove tint that is illegal in a given state or put a cat back on your car if you have a test pipe. If they notice it missing they really wouldn't do anything but not it on the RO so the cover their ass.

michal

Go Kart Champion
its possible to remove the sticker without removing the visor. I think you need to use really high concentration IPA, and be sure not to leave it on too long (or it will make a prominent sticker stain).

just look at the tons of other threads..I avent even done it yet but I've read like 3 of them :)

good luck

Removing the visors is very easy. Removing the stickers without removing the visors will be PITA.

Marvin

Ready to race!
Tell your dealer to leave your property alone and stop defacing it. Should they so do, then sue 'em.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Removing the visors is very easy. Removing the stickers without removing the visors will be PITA.

It's actually pretty easy. Flip them down and extend them out all the way along your door, open your door, and the sticker is right there. :thumbsup:

fredf

Go Kart Champion

Wrong. Use 99% IPA, soak x 10 minutes. Peal off.
Easy, fast. Just don't yank at it.

No, the dealer with not replace them.

michal

Go Kart Champion
It's actually pretty easy. Flip them down and extend them out all the way along your door, open your door, and the sticker is right there. :thumbsup:

Removing the sticker is not a problem but all that sticky residue/glue left on the visor. For me it was a lot of work to get rid of this glue and make the visors look perfect with no sign that the sticker has ever been there. But it's just my advice to remove the visors first.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I still need to do this.