GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just had my DSG software update done....

chilli42

Ready to race!
And wow, what a difference so far!

Only driven it back from the dealership, but it alreday feels quite different:

smoother
more responsive/quicker pick-up
gears are changing at higher revs
and more torque
even the engine is sounding better, tighter.

if this sticks, will address some of my gripes with "my" MK6 compare to my MK5 that I have posted. In general, it feels quicker, more agressive as the MK5 did.

Anyone else noticed a big difference?

Eswin17

Ready to race!
It feels like my car is a little less responsive when the clutch re-engages after coasting at low speeds...but everything else is fantastic, and no false neutrals.

edit: My experience is in manual mode.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Engine sounds better? :laugh: ooook then.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I have a funny feeling half the things you feel from the update are just the DSG reset they inevitably perform. I've reset mine a couple times and it feels like day 1 all over again for a few days until it adapts to your driving.

I'm not arguing the software helped, but I have a feeling this contributes.

Gauge85

Ready to race!
I have a funny feeling half the things you feel from the update are just the DSG reset they inevitably perform. I've reset mine a couple times and it feels like day 1 all over again for a few days until it adapts to your driving.

I'm not arguing the software helped, but I have a feeling this contributes.

I agree that's why I drove on this update since last Friday before coming to the conclusion that it does help with lurching coming to a stop. This is noticeably smoother and the biggest improvement in my opinion. There is also much less hesitation on the upshift/power delivery when you hit the gas from a rolling stop.

As far as the engine sounding better, more torque, shifting at higher RPMs bla bla bla I think that's a combination of placebo/resetting the DSG. Give it a couple days.

Mk6Saro

Ready to race!
Hey man did your dealership give you a heads up about the upgrade? Or do you just go in and ask for it...

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
you don't ask for it, if it applies to your car it will say so when they run your vin number when you go in for service.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
you don't ask for it, if it applies to your car it will say so when they run your vin number when you go in for service.

Was there a cut off for those cars that need the update ie. cars built prior to----? My 10k mile service paperwork said nothing of the update and I have a later 2011 build.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
there's already a thread on this somewhere..........

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Monday I'm going in for my 10k service, they should be doing it then. I have had a few false neutrals, so I'm sure it's due for that service.

chilli42

Ready to race!
I agree that's why I drove on this update since last Friday before coming to the conclusion that it does help with lurching coming to a stop. This is noticeably smoother and the biggest improvement in my opinion. There is also much less hesitation on the upshift/power delivery when you hit the gas from a rolling stop.

As far as the engine sounding better, more torque, shifting at higher RPMs bla bla bla I think that's a combination of placebo/resetting the DSG. Give it a couple days.

I concede - So now after a couple of days, maybe it was a bit of the placebo effect, but it does overall feel different. Maybe the engine was sounding better to me because it was feeling better to drive, and I was generally giving it more throttle (hence i guess hearing the engine more). It does feel still sharper through and that translates into it feeling more responsive and smoother. Maybe it has made more difference to mine than others? But I agree, the WOW was probably a bit more me than the update! :)

DreamingTwig

Passed Driver's Ed
Had it done the other day when I was in for a tire problem. 2 days later and it does seem smoother and less apt to learch when doing something like making a right turn and hitting the gas. I feel something better.