GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cylinder flap sensor

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
I was at the dealer for my 45.000km service. when they connected my car to the computer, they found out that I have a faulty cylinder flap sensor(this is a sensor controls the opening/closing percentages of the cylinder falps, or something like that.) They asked me if I had power issued lately, I actually did not feel any power loss. then they found out the sensor was working and they reset the fault. if it repeats, after investigation the whole intake manifold may be replaced. I am out of warranty. I dont know what to say, i will go to delaer again and check it out. anyone has ever exprienced something like this?

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
2010's have the old style manifolds, the old style manifolds all go bad it's just a matter of time... Your time has come

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
did they extend the warranty on at least those old manifolds since they know they are going to fail or that the design is flawed?
Service technician mentioned there is a possibility to replace it under warranty even though it is over! I wait and see whats going on with that sensor thing

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
today I scanned the car and again found faulty intake manifold flaps. I do not feel any power loss or get cell on the dash..but I will replace it...new updated intake manifolds have better quality?
there must be recall for this thing, a lot of people have the same issue

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
Update! VW is replacing the intake manifold for free even though my car is not under warranty anymore. I think it is a kind of recall for the one whose manifold got broken.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Not yet. There are prototypes being made but it will be expensive.