GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just Clowning Around

clownish

just clowning around
Audi TT-RS front brake calipers just refinished with Blood Red powder coating.
Shown with associated hardware for the rebuild. Waiting on one last set of seals before undertaking the rebuild. Cannot. Wait.

Powdered the carriers just because. I know... you can't see them when installed. Whateva.

Random Audi TT-RS engine bay picture just because. This is a gorgeous white 2012 that is in and out of the shop. Nothing but a tune and some other assorted parts, however.

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Yea... eventually. Just want the OE lip and probably clear markers, not color-matched.

I'm at max ride height on my coilovers right now because winter. Need to do a little fender modding to not rub, but at the height I'm at, zero problems. And I have some great poke atm, I'll have to dig up pictures of that.

clownish

just clowning around
Bit of poke - maybe some camber later.

Also check out this insanely broken jetta wheel. Met a guy who met a pothole...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
Brake seals came in so we put the pistons and seals back together. All I need is four or five hours to install everything. Completely new front brake set up and heavily redone rear set up. After installing this the only thing left is cosmetics if anything and maybes a LSD.

Visited my grandpa. Note... the markers in the picture are not anyone related to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Heh - talk to HST and get Nate to keep an eye out. When I was doing a ton of research into brake kits, I did a lot of back and forth. The VWR set feels good - driven multiple cars with that kit installed. But the cost... for a DD and only sometimes tracked car, it's just not as feasible. The VWR replacement rotors are 1300 vs. ~400 for the Audi OE ones and both of them are better than what we have on our cars stock. When I finally decided on the TT set up, I tried to buy as quickly as possible - eBay for calipers, rotors, pads, and hardware all in one shot. So I've had these takeoffs for almost 3 months now and I'm only just now getting to installing them. :(

I only hope that I don't have the squealing noise - my set is from a TTRS that was installing a stoptech track kit. Or so the seller claimed.

erikras

Ready to race!
Heh - talk to HST and get Nate to keep an eye out. When I was doing a ton of research into brake kits, I did a lot of back and forth. The VWR set feels good - driven multiple cars with that kit installed. But the cost... for a DD and only sometimes tracked car, it's just not as feasible. The VWR replacement rotors are 1300 vs. ~400 for the Audi OE ones and both of them are better than what we have on our cars stock. When I finally decided on the TT set up, I tried to buy as quickly as possible - eBay for calipers, rotors, pads, and hardware all in one shot. So I've had these takeoffs for almost 3 months now and I'm only just now getting to installing them. :(

I only hope that I don't have the squealing noise - my set is from a TTRS that was installing a stoptech track kit. Or so the seller claimed.

Yeah, I did some looking into the recall that is out there on the TT RS brakes due to noise complaints. I probably will talk to Nate since I'll be up there on Friday to get the APR K04 v3.0 software update.

clownish

just clowning around
Nice. Might see you then around the shop. Planning on being around earlier in the morning.

Sad news - test fit TT-RS/RS3 calipers with my wheels today and the calipers do not clear my VMR 705s. Needs about 2 mm to clear the spokes, but the barrel at least has plenty of clearance. They do clear VMR 710s so it comes down to spoke pattern.

Either need to order the RS3 rotor and bearings (which will push out the wheel more to make it fit - change offset) or need to buy spacers - 3-5mm is enough to clear. But then I'll be poking even more so I will definitely need to roll fenders or just buy new ones.

Sigh. Still can't install these. Now seriously looking at SRS Tech wide fenders. Wondering if I can just use the wide fenders or if I would also need a modified front bumper as well since half the front fender is a part of the front bumper.

erikras

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about the fitment issues. I know it can be agonizing to have parts sitting around that you can't install!

My appointment for the software update is at 2PM. May get there a little early since I get off work at noon and will probably head straight there. Maybe I'll see you up there.

clownish

just clowning around
Washed up after drving to Maryland this weekend. Now at 26.500 or so. Factory warranty almost gone! The drivers side seat adjustor for height broke so I need to get that fixed under warranty before my bumper to bumper expires. Sigh. Pain going to dealer and having to wait for things like this. Maybe I'll order the part and replace myself. Hmm.

But yea! Hopefully I see you there erikas!

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Tight like a tiger!

Thanks! Loving the way it drives but I am getting some soft pedal feel. Feels like a bubble in the system but we bled the entire thing twice over. No leaks, everything is seated properly. Not sure what it is, but the first touch is soft and the 2nd hits like a ton of bricks. Even the first touch is stronger than the OE brake system though.