GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Depo LED Projector Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmc333

Ready to race!
So you just stuck the silica packets in the assembly? I placed them on the cap via double sided tape? Hopefully, my initial condensation was just a freak occurrence considering that this is not a warranty issue.
2 packs in each assembly- 4 total. did not fasten them to anything - just made sure to put one on either side of the ballasts and code cancellers.

bmc333

Ready to race!
Got prematurely excited - the bulbs I have DO throw those stupid shadow lines - in my car looking at them now ...

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Got prematurely excited - the bulbs I have DO throw those stupid shadow lines - in my car looking at them now ...

Nooooo.....time to delete bookmark for the $65 bulbs :mad0259:

As for me, I just purchased extra USP bulbs and had Dose modify them in advance so I don't have to worry about them in the future.

bmc333

Ready to race!
These H7 bulbs (XB35 from TRS) are bright as hell or these lenses are just way better than Ed's cause my D2S bulbs never has this intensity or clarity in cutoff...
After about 15 mins of driving around (after aligning properly) I got used to the black shadows and didn't see them until I actively thought about them so I'll leave them as they are since they are nice and snug and don't bounce around over rough road.

bmc333

Ready to race!
I'm glad that these are working out for you. You just gave me idea for the LED blinkers...damn you :) j/k Link please hehe.

You are right about the adjustment, noticeable movement even on a fraction of a turn. Also, 5K is the way to go with the HID bulbs as 6k will look bluish/greenish next to the LED's since they are bright white.

I plan to turn off my DRL's once and while after a year considering the warranty will be over though.
http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=front&product_id=238
Awesome lights - very bright AND error free. I think deautokey might carry them also and they may have them for cheaper so check their site too.
I have the DRL on/off on my MFD - coded it that way thru VAGCOM a while back so it would be easy to do - make sure you do that also if you haven't already.
And yes - 5k is the best choice by far for these lights

Last edited:

ducatiti

Ready to race!
These H7 bulbs (XB35 from TRS) are bright as hell or these lenses are just way better than Ed's cause my D2S bulbs never has this intensity or clarity in cutoff...
After about 15 mins of driving around (after aligning properly) I got used to the black shadows and didn't see them until I actively thought about them so I'll leave them as they are since they are nice and snug and don't bounce around over rough road.

Yep, even the USP HID's are bright on these. Add HID's to you fog lights significantly help as well. The fogs illuminates the areas to include the sides of which the Depo's light up.

Ane yes, I have coded it to have the ability of disabling the DRL's via MFI.

bmc333

Ready to race!
Yep, even the USP HID's are bright on these. Add HID's to you fog lights significantly help as well. The fogs illuminates the areas to include the sides of which the Depo's light up.

Ane yes, I have coded it to have the ability of disabling the DRL's via MFI.
I agree, I've been running HID fogs from TRS for over a year now. I'll be installing the deautokey LED fogs next weekend.

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Dose. Sent you four emails in three weeks but no replies or even a confirmation. I have not said anything but positive comments about you here but you leave me no choice to contact you via a public forum. Installation charges have been paid for your products and services but I am encountering problems after two weeks of installation. Just trying to obtain post purchase/install service. I will not say anything further hoping I can get a reply from you.

Thank you for taking care of the initial problem but I have heard from you since.

You may have personal arrangements but you are clearly communicating with your prospective buyers.

(Will edit/delete this post once communication has been established)

Just noticed this. I won't make the matter public but if anyone has concerns feel free to contact me.

I'm out of the country and my return date is in my out of office and website.

My team will respond to matters which they have the ability to assist with.

-Dose

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Hey do these come with the bulbs or do I have to buy those separate

You will have to use your existing bulbs to include the orange signal bulbs.

Please disregard my previous post regarding communication issues with Dose.

Does not concern any of his products. Other than the known condensation being normal, great products and customer service. Do not hesitate to buy.

bmc333

Ready to race!
A couple things to point out that I've noticed- the LEDS are at least twice as bright as the Ed's reps and the lenses are insanely clear and focused. I'm actually getting better light output from the H7 bulbs than the larger D2S bulbs I have in the Ed's setup...

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
More pics from my first wash :)

[/URL]
Ducatiti, what are you running as your fogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.