GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Disable TPMS thru Vag Com MY2010

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
*Do this at your own risk*

I had the Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors disabled on my car because I'll be running separate winter wheels/tires on my car.
Plus I check my tire pressures enough that I don't need to rely on the computer to tell me.

No one posted or confirmed this for the MKVI, so I figured I'd post it....

In Vag Com:

Go into 19 Gateway Module
Click coding
Run through the bytes until you find 65 -- Tire Pressure Monitoring
Uncheck the box
Close window
Click do it
Done!

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
So it finally happened to me too. The TPMS warning light came on. I really would like to keep this feature in my car while I have stock wheels and I'm not taking it to the dealer for a reflash. Any idea of what values to modify with vagcom? @autowerks was going to do a DIY but I guess at the end he never did

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Wow, I wish I would have looked here, Ive been trying to get it off for the past 3 weeks now.

dbest6808

Ready to race!
I hate TPMS... Just an added expense when running aftermarket tires. Most drivers can tell when the wheels are getting low just by sight and road feel. So a nice gauge in my glove box is all that is needed not and extra $200 added to an already expensive set of tires and rims. I don’t think it even goes off until you hit like 32 psi. If you fill em up to 38 once you get to around 35 you will feel the tires low anyway. I don’t see the use for it unless you are extremely unobservant.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I just fixed my TPMS issues with VCDS. My TPMS light has been flashing for a minute upon start up and then will go solid. It's been like this since the 1st big snow storm we had here earlier this winter.

Researching this issue, I found that some 2010 cars have an issue with the coding being incorrect from the factory and was set at 5.5 BAR. I found a handy guide and tried it out. It worked like a charm and I was able to reset the coding values for each tire to 2.6 BAR. My light is finally off now.

Here is the link:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/tpms-flashing-light-vw.htm

The section you need to follow is titled: Procedure to fix flashing TPMS light on VW

Hope it helps you. It saved me a trip to the dealer.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. Added to sticky. I'll be make one on how to enable the ABS based TPMS.