GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C&D Best-Handling Cars in America

snofrandy

Ready to race!
HAve you guys checked out Car and Driver's October 2010 Issue? Our MK6 GTI is picked as one of the Best-Handling Cars in America. I was actually surprised our car made it, albeit it's last in #7. Makes me a proud owner =)

7) Volkswagen GTI
6) Chevrolet Corvette Z06
5) Nissan GT-R
4) BMW M3
3) Mazda RX-8 R3
2) Lotus Elise SC
1) Porsche Boxster Spyder

I agree with the really spongy brakes. It seems like with the amount of travel in emergency braking situation, it won't stop when I need it to, but it did. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the best way to correct that is better brake pads, stainless steel lines, and higher-temp brake fluid. Before I was looking into GTI, i was looking into S2000 and they recommend to flush the S2K's brake system with ATE Super Blue. But I don't need to do that for a while since I won't be Auto-Xing this car for a whlie.

I would expect Evo/STi to be in this list, but it isn't. Though almost all car magazines, both online and magazine publications, praise the GTI for its excellent handling

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I am not at all surprised our gti made it in the top 10 but what I am surprised is the S2000 did not make the list

wildcars

Ready to race!
But personally i think the standard suspension on the GTI is a bit too wobbly! Too soft, at high speed cornering, i get body roll.. hmm...

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
No miata?

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
I thought the Mazdaspeed 3 ran through the solom faster than the gti on some magazines test?

And no I am not a ms3 fanboy :p, I still have my civic si :-|

gkallis

Ready to race!
mini cooper s?

bizarre ... the summer tired GTI has a chance.... but GTI over Evo, mini cooper S works...??? I mean weird ...

Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
The fact that the Mini isnt on there before the GTI is a bit odd.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
the boxster spyder? nobody would be stupid enough to buy a porsche with a tent for a roof. Go GTI !!!!!!

falconeight1

Ready to race!
The gti does have a very nice ride.

phans784

Ready to race!
ill have to read the artical but this seems somewhat silly, if they are gonna throw the gtr and zo6 in there then why isnt all the upper end porches ect on the list? was there categories and the gti took the "under 25-30k" title? that would make more sense i guess

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
The new one is getting crazy good reviews all around though, to be fair.
its just the fact that porsche takes stuff away from the boxster and then charges more for it, about $3200 more. it is the lightest car in the porsche lineup. the top that for the car isnt even waterproof, it wont hold up in a car wash. for $62,000 im sure there would be plenty of other porsches to consider. i saw one in the porsche museum in stuttgart and those carbon fiber seats did look nice.:drool: