GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hey guys - Bluetooth upgrade stuff

woofie2

Ready to race!
Quick update:

My kit arrived today. Took a few pictures and was a 2 minutes swap to replace the old one.

A2DP does not work...fortunately, I personally wont miss it as I have an old iPod hooked up to the MDI which has all the songs on my iPhone.

The MFD integration and RNS 510 input is fantastic.

I will post a full update sometime after the holiday.
Just posting that I got my module too, have not hooked it up yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow.
Seller is very fast to ship! good find, thanks for your help.

brainsurgery

Just posting that I got my module too, have not hooked it up yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow.
How is your MFD showing phonebook?

I have MFD2 navi and the same MFD between tachometer and speedometer as you have but with red matrix (as I have mk5 Golf). I was thinking about buying the B-version of the kit.

dstill

Ready to race!

I've ordeed the kit from the guy on Ebay. Has'nt been delivered yet but i'm now wondering how easy an install this is going to be.

As i've said in previous posts on this thread i have absolutley no Bluetooth system in my car at present. The kit i bought has the module, wiring harness, Bluetooth antenna and the mic. Do you think the mic will be a simple plug and play item, will the wiring be in the overhead lighting dome already. I'm wondering because i did the front foglight upgrade and the wiring was'nt there for the lights.:mad:

zee

Go Kart Champion
The kit is 100% plug and play.
The single wiring has 4 plugs. one for the mic, one for the bluetooth module, one for the radio harness and one for the radio.
As long as you can remove your radio, it will take you less than 5 mins to do a quick test before you hide the wiring.

Your only issue will be removing your trim to hide all the wiring. The seller included the procedure for removing the trim on a MK5.

In the picture, you can see the mic, bluetooth module(9W2) and the two cables which connect behind the radio.

zee

Go Kart Champion
dstill; The MFD integration will not work for you as the highline computer is required. You will be able to access the phonebook through the phone button on your RCD510 since you have the European unit.

dstill

Ready to race!
dstill; The MFD integration will not work for you as the highline computer is required. You will be able to access the phonebook through the phone button on your RCD510 since you have the European unit.

Thanks again for the information bubuski.:);)

dstill

Ready to race!
The kit is 100% plug and play.
The single wiring has 4 plugs. one for the mic, one for the bluetooth module, one for the radio harness and one for the radio.
As long as you can remove your radio, it will take you less than 5 mins to do a quick test before you hide the wiring.

Your only issue will be removing your trim to hide all the wiring. The seller included the procedure for removing the trim on a MK5.

In the picture, you can see the mic, bluetooth module(9W2) and the two cables which connect behind the radio.

bubuski, got my kit today but the control module is different to yours. Mine has a steel case instead of plasic and does'nt have the 3 fixing lugs like yours shows in the photo. I ordered the kit for a 2009 model, my car is a September 2009, would this make any diffference?:(

zee

Go Kart Champion
Mine is steel also. The black one is the 9W2 basic bluetooth module that I am replacing.

dstill

Ready to race!
Mine is steel also. The black one is the 9W2 basic bluetooth module that I am replacing.

Phew!!!!!!!! Thanks for that, mine is identical to the steel one in your photo.:):):)

Is the disc in the background part of the kit you purchased off Ebay?;)

zee

Go Kart Champion
Yah, the seller threw in the disc. I virus scanned it first, and it came out clean. Had a lot of useful information.

jvilain

Bluetooth > golf wagon 2010 TDI

Hi!

I just received my bluetooth kit version "c" but with no cd, can you forward me the information on your CD, if you also have guide for the install this will be great. I have a little VW garare here in MTL that can program the VAGCOM for me for the MFD, I'm planning also of replacing my RCD510 with a RNS510 hope everything will be easy. Thx:):):)

zee

Go Kart Champion
Sure, I can upload it when I get a chance. It does not 100% pertain to the Mk6 or the even the bluetooth kit sold by the seller. It is just a mass of information with pictures downloaded from the internet and other forums of how to install a factory(or fiscon) bluetooth kit in Mk5 Golfs, Mk5 Jettas, Audis and Skodas. Lot of DIYs.
The Mk5 portion might be useful if thea-pillar trim removal is similar.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Also, just to bring up a few more points.

I do not think the North American RCD510 can actually do dialing from the unit because of the absense of the "Phone" key. The European RCD510 can dial from the screen though.

North American owners of RCD510 who upgrade the bluetooth from 9W2 to 9W3 will have to dail through the MFD (Highline MFD displays last calls, missed calls, received calls)...or activate voice dialinf onthe steering wheel to dial by number.

European RCD510 - "Phone" key.

USA RCD510 - mute key.

USA RNS 510 - "Phone" key. I have seen older USA RNS510 revisions with a mute key instead of phone.

European RNS510 - There are also a few revisions, but all seem to have the phone key.

dameedna

More BT confusion

Hi
I appreciate all the info. regarding BT but I have question specific to my situation.
I have ordered a 2010 TDI Wagon Highline. What BT kit would I need to order from the guy in Poland? The "C" or "D"?
I believe the car will have a MFSW.
Thanks for this.
Oh, and do you think the dealer would install it?

zee

Go Kart Champion
Hi
I appreciate all the info. regarding BT but I have question specific to my situation.
I have ordered a 2010 TDI Wagon Highline. What BT kit would I need to order from the guy in Poland? The "C" or "D"?
I believe the car will have a MFSW.
Thanks for this.
Oh, and do you think the dealer would install it?

Version C and D have identical specifications, but version C supersedes version D in EKTA. I ordered the version C for mine.
The dealer probably wont install it or might try to sell you a kit with installation, but it wont hurt to ask them.
Worst case scenario, I know of a Guy in the GTA who installs the OEM kits for VWs and Audis.
PM me for his info if you require it.