GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another G35/37 story

DvS21

Ready to race!
So I just got my car a week ago, and with 500 miles on the odo, I've driven her rather conservatively, however, I went to show off to a few friends and they all wanted a ride. I have a 2 door, and I fit three friends in rather comfortably. So I take it around the block and over to a park with a nice smooth road that runs the perimeter. This park's road would make an awesome little track, even if it is only a mile or so around. So I take my friends around once (they were already impressed with the grip) to check for cops and people, and when the coast was clear, I banged around it with my foot really working the pedal. After severely impressing my non car knowledgeable friends I pull back on to the main road, to a red, with a G35 or 37 coupe next to me.

I have the windows and sunroof open at this point, and the driver of the G and I exchange looks, the light turns green, and after a second of hesitation we both launch.

I pull a little off the line, pull further in second until I hit the rev limiter (new at this car) where he comes even with me, then I bang into third, and the car pulls ahead of him to where his nose was behind my rear quarter.

Anyway the race only went to about 70-75, but this road is only a 35 speed limit. I was impressed that with 4 people and half a tank of gas my stock GTI could put some ground on a G35/37. If I hadn't fucked up my 2nd to 3rd with the rev limiter, I would have been all over this guy, even more than I was. Anyway, thanks for listening guys. I can officially say my GTI is broken in! :thumbup:

DvS21

Ready to race!
Nice kill

However...stock for stock.....a G37 should/will burn the GTI

G35 should too :(

even if it was older (2003) would this still be the case?

Maybe he wasn't really trying or needed more of a driver mod than me.

gvyz

Passed Driver's Ed
I own the g37 and Gti w/giac chip. G37 is a beast. Even that's the automatic g37, it smoke GTI easily. Your story is more like fake to me.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Yeah, I drove a G35 sedan and GTI back to back a couple days ago.... GTI has no chance in a straight line against G35/G37

Randum

Go Kart Champion
even with the weight difference? I'm looking at the 05 specs on an AUTOMATIC, it has 280hp, with only 270lbs of torque at 4800 RPMs, weighing at 3,486lbs.

I'd beg to say a stock GTI to 70mph, depending on the G's launch, would be fairly close. I think its safe to say a Stage 1 APR or similar tune should beat an 05 G35.

On just numbers I'd have a hard time believing both drivers equal, a GTI could crush a G35/37.

(on a side note, having a tuned/modded GTI would be fun though!)

msm00b

Ready to race!
So you, with with a car full of friends, entirely stock managed to beat another car that we all know is faster than the GTI stock? I can tell a big difference with just my wife and 1 year old infant in the car compared to just me, and the two of them together (including carseat + diaper bag) don't clock in at more than 140lbs. 4 full sized adults (likely male, and likely > 150lbs each)?

I'm a fan of the GTI, don't get me wrong ... but really??

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
My GTI has APR Stage I and when I raced a manual G37 from 40mph till like 115mph nothing happend, we were neck to neck and we did it 3 times and all 3 times I didn't pull on him neither did he on me! Stage II+ will solve this problem!
So I'm not sure how a stock GTI can pull on a g35 but u never know! There are many people out there that really don't know how to drive lol
Personaly me, I can't race anyone of the line cauz I burn tires through 1st,2nd and 3rd with only Stage I on a manual GTI...

msm00b

Ready to race!
A stage 1 should be able to hang with them ... stock absolutely not, especially when weighed down.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
NOT ANOTHER G35/G37 THREAD, FUCK!

Waits for harddriven to show up with his car and driver website, so grambles can lay the engineering beat down, AGAIN

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
the fact that you cant tell a g35 from a g37 is enough for me to know that you sir.. are full of it.

they are COMPLETELY different bodies.