GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI Pictures

eslode

Passed Driver's Ed
Couple iphone pics with new color matched side markers and rear emblem courtesy of John

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Picture whoring my car :D

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Adam what tires are you running? Are those the 35th anniversary wheels?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The tires are Continental Extreme Contact DWS.

The wheels are 35th Anniversary GTI (Watkins Glen is the name).

Adam

How is the road noise/ride quality with these over stock?

My Sumitomos made the car ride much much rougher which is ok, but the tire noise is nearly unbearable, even after I dynomatted the car.

A.Bursell

Ready to race!
How is the road noise/ride quality with these over stock?

My Sumitomos made the car ride much much rougher which is ok, but the tire noise is nearly unbearable, even after I dynomatted the car.

My original tires were also Continental, but not the DWS model. Compared to stock, I don't hear any real difference in noise. If there is, it's nothing I even noticed. Still listen to the radio at the same volume, still talk on the bluetooth fine, etc.

As for the ride quality, I also changed to an 18" setup at the same time, so not entirely sire how much is size and how much is tire, but they handle really well. I did notice a difference over the 17" setup for sure. I also have DriverGear springs. Between the springs and wheels/tires, I think it rides similar to a GTI, maybe just a little stiffer. Nothing for me to complain about.

Overall, I'm real happy with the setup.:thumbup:

Adam

HRC-E.B.

Here is my kart, with its summer shoes on (RPF1s). I eschewed going to 18-inchers, because the roads here that I was afraid of denting a wheel, plus I figured my backside would be thanking me. Even on the OEM all-season tires, the handling is awesome.