GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the fastest you have had your MKVI GTI up to and how did it go?

smv81147

You're silly...hehe

The MFD has error just like the 'speedo.' It seems you have the balls to bury the gas pedal so I just want to know how fast someone has taken the GTi and speedo error at that speed, that is all.

I don't 'disbelieve' you. Why are you so defensive? :iono:

If an engine is tuned to produce more HP/Tq then of course it's drag limit will increase...you are once again being silly hehe.

EDIT:

Maybe you don't understand physics and that is alright.

I'll try to teach you something, though I will probably be wasting my time.

Cd = 2*D/rho*v^2*a

D = force the engine has to put out to curb accelerations. With stock output/efficiency losses the GTi (or any car) is only capable of going to the max output of its engine to the coefficient of its drag.

''Silly"? ... As expected! Since you can't admit how stupid your input is so far, you jump into adjectives...

Cd is a "constant" (hence coefficient, for every shape) measured in wind tunnel tests, by measuring the drag force exerted on the specimen (model or actual car..) All other parameters are known and is the only unknown factor in the fundamental equation of Drag = 1/2*Cd* V^2 * rho *a. Your inverse equation that results on Cd calculation tells nothing except is used an algebra trick to calculate Cd in a wind tunnel. All things equal, and secondary aerodynamic effects aside (very low speed flows - boundary layer detach - high speed compression effects (not the case for cars) etc...) Cd is CONSTANT as long as configuration (shape) remains intact. In cars this translates to spoilers fixed, tires the same accross speed range (!) and airflow pattern constant (intake / down / rear diffuser).

With a and Cd constant the basic equation of Drag implies that the only parameter that can alter velocity, is Drag itself or its opposite, the traction force (ie HP). V = Sqrt ((2*D/(rho*Cd*a))

To sum it up: Configuration same (Cd constant), terminal speed is governed by engine HP assuming all other parameters same: rho, a, .. and some other friction coefficients from tires you originally omitted...

Obviously you can't teach me a thing with your elementary "Physics", and need no more after 2 degrees in Aero Engineering and 5 years of wind tunnel experience heading the aero-acoustics division of a major European manufacturer... !

Now that you took an elementary free of charge introduction to Aerodynamics
and its equation, you are definitely "smarter" so please leave us "silly ones" to this thread and go play elsewhere...

FasDarken

Ready to race!
''Silly"? ... As expected! Since you can't admit how stupid your input is so far, you jump into adjectives...

Cd is a "constant" (hence coefficient, for every shape) measured in wind tunnel tests, by measuring the drag force exerted on the specimen (model or actual car..) All other parameters are known and is the only unknown factor in the fundamental equation of Drag = 1/2*Cd* V^2 * rho *a. Your inverse equation that results on Cd calculation tells nothing except is used an algebra trick to calculate Cd in a wind tunnel. All things equal, and secondary aerodynamic effects aside (very low speed flows - boundary layer detach - high speed compression effects (not the case for cars) etc...) Cd is CONSTANT as long as configuration (shape) remains intact. In cars this translates to spoilers fixed, tires the same accross speed range (!) and airflow pattern constant (intake / down / rear diffuser).

With a and Cd constant the basic equation of Drag implies that the only parameter that can alter velocity, is Drag itself or its opposite, the traction force (ie HP). V = Sqrt ((2*D/(rho*Cd*a))

To sum it up: Configuration same (Cd constant), terminal speed is governed by engine HP assuming all other parameters same: rho, a, .. and some other friction coefficients from tires you originally omitted...

Obviously you can't teach me a thing with your elementary "Physics", and need no more after 2 degrees in Aero Engineering and 5 years of wind tunnel experience heading the aero-acoustics division of a major European manufacturer... !

and its equation, you are definitely "smarter" so please leave us "silly ones" to this thread and go play elsewhere...

:word:

fastfly

Ready to race!

You go though a far out way to agree with me. I agree with everything you posted.

My aerospace engineering degree and astrophysics degree agrees with your degrees.

I forgot why we got into this if you actually agree with me.

Oh that is right, I want you to take a GPS with you. The stock GTI drag limit should be around 149mph...stock, meaning stock output.

Jhover

Ready to race!
Had mine up to 250kph a couple times. Car is chipped with unitronic. All runs were done in Mexico of course.

elibi

Passed Driver's Ed
what? I hit 250/260 km/h almost everyday when I go to work. It is a highway and we dont have speed radars here.

gkallis

Ready to race!
135 with windows down and sunroof open...cruising to kesha lol

gkallis

Ready to race!
:wosschilder980:
That sentence would have been much cooler without the 'crusing with...' part lol.

As for myself, I've only gone up to 80 so far :eek:.

lol i kindof just wanted to ruin it ha but with windows down i think it was a huge parachute lol

urabus

Passed Driver's Ed
I have gotten mine up to 121 mph and then it just stopped accelerating. Pretty sure thats where the governor is at. My radar though said that I was going 125 mph. Either way, the GTI felt pretty stable.

MattyGTi

Ready to race!
All of a sudden everyone on golfmk6.com is a NASA european aerospace physics molecular german biomechanical marine engineer. I swear ive never been on a forum where ppl throw this kind of bullshit around constantly.