GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 mk6 , where can i find gas station in the USA that sell 91 octane ?

phans784

Ready to race!
i think sunoco in PA have a 94 or 95. I dunno maybe I am remembering wrong.. (not any around me)

Sunoco is the only major gasoline retailer to sell four grades of gasoline in the U.S., due to its proprietary pumps which blend regular with Ultra93 to obtain the mid-grades, with octane ratings in parentheses:

* Regular (87)
* Plus (89)
* Premium (91)
* Ultra93 (formerly Ultra94; Sunoco began phasing out the 94 octane gasoline in the first decade of the 21st century).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunoco

nevermind, I guess they phased it out

Le Clue

Passed Driver's Ed
Seriously? I thought here in South Africa we are behind times as we only have 95 octane..

I think the UK okes are lucky to get 98 octane!

zee

Go Kart Champion
the lowest we got in norway is 95oct, then 98oct and 99oct :happyanim:

Seriously? I thought here in South Africa we are behind times as we only have 95 octane..

I think the UK okes are lucky to get 98 octane!

Different ratings though. You guys use RON(Europe) and we use AKI(USA/Canada) for octane rating, but you guys do not get our low grade 87-89AKI equivalent. Trinidad W.I and Nigeria that I visited did not even have the low grade stuff.

95 RON = 90-91 AKI
98 RON = 93-94 AKI

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Different ratings though. You guys use RON(Europe) and we use AKI(USA/Canada) for octane rating, but you guys do not get our low grade 87-89AKI equivalent. Trinidad W.I and Nigeria that I visited did not even have the low grade stuff.

95 RON = 90-91 AKI
98 RON = 93-94 AKI

You went in Trinidad? I was there last summer :) The lowest grade they have is like 91 or something like that. On top of that it's super cheap! The diesel was like 25cents a liter! :eek:

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
^My car runs noticeably better on Shell V-power.

zee

Go Kart Champion
You went in Trinidad? I was there last summer :) The lowest grade they have is like 91 or something like that. On top of that it's super cheap! The diesel was like 25cents a liter! :eek:

Yeah, I was there twice in 2009(April & November). I literally drove around the island hugging the coast as much as possible. "The cross" in the south of the Island(San Fernando?) offered nice entertainment for the car junkie at nights too. An awesome laid back place that I would like to return in the future.

Nigeria was equally cheap too. They had 98RON(93-94 AKI) for about $1.60 per gallon:rolleyes:.

Holland and Germany prices were highway robbery in comparison.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I was there twice in 2009(April & November). I literally drove around the island hugging the coast as much as possible. "The cross" in the south of the Island(San Fernando?) offered nice entertainment for the car junkie at nights too. An awesome laid back place that I would like to return in the future.

Nigeria was equally cheap too. They had 98RON(93-94 AKI) for about $1.60 per gallon:rolleyes:.

Holland and Germany prices were highway robbery in comparison.

Yeah the car scene in T&T is really impressive. Mf GF is from there, so when we spent our time there I got to see the real side of the islands. I would go back in a heartbeat. Her uncle did a Corvette swap in a Nissan Laurel :w00t:

And in Canada it's easy to say that we are getting robbed for low octane gas...

Madonion

I am glad this topic came up because I today bought two cans 20 litre Sasol fuel from my local race track, one of which was a true 98 and the other 102.6 and as I left the shop some guy approached me and said I have just wasted my $ because I will not feel any difference between our normal 95(from the pump) and the 98 race fuel and the same for the 102.6???

Is there any truth behind this?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I am glad this topic came up because I today bought two cans 20 litre Sasol fuel from my local race track, one of which was a true 98 and the other 102.6 and as I left the shop some guy approached me and said I have just wasted my $ because I will not feel any difference between our normal 95(from the pump) and the 98 race fuel and the same for the 102.6???

Is there any truth behind this?
Unless you have it tuned to take race fuel, then yes there will be no difference than stock.