GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It was sitting next to me for an hour till I realized it was a new Passat. It's like a bigger nicer Jetta, looks very similar. The 30city/40hwy sticker was nice :)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
So I've decided I hate how slow my car is. This next sentence you are about to read is not a typo.... I wish my GTI was at least as fast as my Cavalier was :/

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It was sitting next to me for an hour till I realized it was a new Passat. It's like a bigger nicer Jetta, looks very similar. The 30city/40hwy sticker was nice :)

interesting... wow, is that a TDI then or?

So I've decided I hate how slow my car is. This next sentence you are about to read is not a typo.... I wish my GTI was at least as fast as my Cavalier was :/

:yikes::iono: say what now? K04 ON THE WAY!??? :p

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion

wait.. what? did you have a turbo kit in a cavalier? lol. from a roll stage 2 is pretty damn fast.. i cant complain coming from the torque-less honda Si i used to have... after being at the drag strip i did get a little frustrated tho lol. i've been looking at WRX's and older STi's. low miles and lightly modded is what i've been looking at... my last option..... wait for the golf R and trade my baby in for it next year.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wait.. what? did you have a turbo kit in a cavalier? lol. from a roll stage 2 is pretty damn fast.. i cant complain coming from the torque-less honda Si i used to have... after being at the drag strip i did get a little frustrated tho lol. i've been looking at WRX's and older STi's. low miles and lightly modded is what i've been looking at... my last option..... wait for the golf R and trade my baby in for it next year.

be careful with modded subies... just really make sure the "light mods" are light and done right, etc. Be careful of modded WRX trannies if they were running bigger mods or just driven like a jackass.

The Golf R is sweet, no doubt, but if speed is your main priority, I'd rather get an Evo, STI, 135/335i, etc, etc.

michal

Go Kart Champion

Golf R? No. I'm waiting for a Scirocco to trade my GTI in for it:D

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Golf R? No. I'm waiting for a Scirocco to trade my GTI in for it:D

I actually am not a big fan of the scirocco :/ but I love the R. I've always been a huge evo fan but this is the last year they are making it. So maybe sti is what I'll do. Idk, I have time to make a decision

michal

Go Kart Champion
Today I have to make a decision which clear coat to use for my wheels: matte or gloss. Probably I will go with the matte one but I'm not 100% sure, yet.:iono:

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Who cares if your parents are gone? Do racelands have adjustable dampening

Status
Not open for further replies.