GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
i mean SPM doesnt "use" a tuner, but they make all the same parts that APR does. so idk i just kinda think it's weird. but it could be a good strategy. GRD can try to sell a customer on APR's stuff, but if the price is too steep for them, then they can offer them the lesser priced SPM products.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
that's kind of weird seeing that they are an APR dealer.

They aren't just an APR dealer, they are THE distributor for the area, all of the Autobarns, Fox Valley, Shitjob Jacobs, etc. must purchase their parts and software through GRD.

SPM claims that they will have a tuning partnership for their new turbo products and it will be an all inclusive kit.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
They aren't just an APR dealer, they are THE distributor for the area, all of the Autobarns, Fox Valley, Shitjob Jacobs, etc. must purchase their parts and software through GRD.

yea i knew that, they get the "Best Midwest Distributor" award like every year from APR.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i mean SPM doesnt "use" a tuner, but they make all the same parts that APR does. so idk i just kinda think it's weird. but it could be a good strategy. GRD can try to sell a customer on APR's stuff, but if the price is too steep for them, then they can offer them the lesser priced SPM products.

yeah, was gonna say I was not aware of SPM being with a specific tuner.

GRD doesn't stock a lot of that stuff for APR, so I wonder if SPM will send them stock to have on hand, or like you said, offer SPM as another option / lower cost to choose from.

yep^

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
maybe im missing it... but what did Ted do? I thought this time, he was actually giving facts and not talking down to people with DSG cars? :iono:

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
yea i knew that, they get the "Best Midwest Distributor" award like every year from APR.

Yeah, I don't know much about their in store stuff, but they were helpful with the Bill Jacobs situation with my Tiguan. I really don't know much about GRD other than their reputation on here and the story about Tans car.

Status
Not open for further replies.