GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Serious Coilover Comparison Questions

MKV-nOoB

Ready to race!
Lol, okay. If you want 'low enough' buy air ride and lay bolts. If you want to cruise at 21.5" and crush oil pans and trash subframes, sell your car and buy a honda and stop messing up your $30k hatchback. If you want to cruise at 22.5" and do it comfortably, buy FK's.

I wish I could afford air or knewanything about it but just don't have the time to maintain it or anything..I just want to install and go.. funny Wutchu say about the Honda since I've been that route lol.. I've had it slammed to where my header was flat and got a hole so I had to wells a skid plate to it..and ok so FK silverline X's will make it 23ftg and maybe a bit lower?? Even lower than b&g?

sent from your sister's room using Tapatalk 2

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I wish I could afford air or knewanything about it but just don't have the time to maintain it or anything..I just want to install and go.. funny Wutchu say about the Honda since I've been that route lol.. I've had it slammed to where my header was flat and got a hole so I had to wells a skid plate to it..and ok so FK silverline X's will make it 23ftg and maybe a bit lower?? Even lower than b&g?

Fk's are going to go lower than pretty much everything. But pretty much any coilover you put in this situation is going to ride considerably worse than it should, and wear out much faster. FK IMO is easier to get replacements for, and IMO rides better at those heights. B&G's that low are too stiff and their customer service can be spotty (so can FK's).

MKV-nOoB

Ready to race!
Fk's are going to go lower than pretty much everything. But pretty much any coilover you put in this situation is going to ride considerably worse than it should, and wear out much faster. FK IMO is easier to get replacements for, and IMO rides better at those heights. B&G's that low are too stiff and their customer service can be spotty (so can FK's).

I mean yea that's always going to happen. And I understand it but lyk I said I wouldn't mind the ride going out the window. Since its only me. So I give 2 shyts about what people ay about my ride. I paid for it so Idc. I know ur saying FK's will go lower and sorry for being a pain but other than ride comfort being thrown out..which can truly go lowest with 17's and POSSIBLY tuck if set-up right.?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I mean yea that's always going to happen. And I understand it but lyk I said I wouldn't mind the ride going out the window. Since its only me. So I give 2 shyts about what people ay about my ride. I paid for it so Idc. I know ur saying FK's will go lower and sorry for being a pain but other than ride comfort being thrown out..which can truly go lowest with 17's and POSSIBLY tuck if set-up right.?

Tuck 17" wheels while driving? I wouldn't if I was on air. You will eventually total your car doing that. Yes, I did say that right. The wrong bump and you can take out the engine subframe and transmission because its ~ 1/4" off the deck.

You may want to ask some one more scene than me. I do not support this type of jackassery. But if you do slam your car low on coils, be sure to wrap it in poop brown vinyl. I hear it'll make you an internet celebrity.

MKV-nOoB

Ready to race!
Tuck 17" wheels while driving? I wouldn't if I was on air. You will eventually total your car doing that. Yes, I did say that right. The wrong bump and you can take out the engine subframe and transmission because its ~ 1/4" off the deck.

You may want to ask some one more scene than me. I do not support this type of jackassery. But if you do slam your car low on coils, be sure to wrap it in poop brown vinyl. I hear it'll make you an internet celebrity.

I didn't mean completely tucking them. I meant tucking lyk at least 1/2 inch or an inch that's all.nothing serious. And yea I kno it's dangerously low but it's fine for me. A B& to each their own if yu don't story it than that's you. I like it so I would want to do it...I was just asking questions

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
All hail the big thread of win. I see old guys and lolcars.

Old guys;

4dr DSG TDI.

I'd like to reduce my wheel-gap without sacrificing (possibly increasing?) comfort. There will be no autocross, no trackdays. It just has to slurp up Ohio road imperfections and maintain some flatness on ramps.

Should be soft and fast over seams and lumps - but stand it's ground when I lean on it.

* A semisquishy coil + medium rear sway?
* Drivergears only?
* Koni soft?

+1 scene points for proper suggestion. Looking at you Mark, Dan, etc.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Lol, okay. If you want 'low enough' buy air ride and lay bolts. If you want to cruise at 21.5" and crush oil pans and trash subframes, sell your car and buy a honda and stop messing up your $30k hatchback. If you want to cruise at 22.5" and do it comfortably, buy FK's.

Motormount spacers and it is possible to not crush the oil pan anymore at 21.5 on a mkv :laugh:

MKV-nOoB

Ready to race!
Motormount spacers and it is possible to not crush the oil pan anymore at 21.5 on a mkv :laugh:

Haha yea I had that in mind also but haven't done research on it yet. I honestly don't mind it..I'll just add a huge skid plate and spark all day :D

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Haha yea I had that in mind also but haven't done research on it yet. I honestly don't mind it..I'll just add a huge skid plate and spark all day :D

You've forgotten to use a bynch of the letter Y instead of other vowels on this post.

-1 kewln3ss''s'.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion

I only know of one mk5 with the spacers and they are a one off thing due to liability...

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
How does the car ride? And look? Any pics?

I've never ridden in it...has modified FKs without the helpers in the front and I think similar in the rear

As it sits right now, probably like this, I dont have my camera now with a pic from last week but here it is before the spacers installed:

P2029685 by aw614, on Flickr

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
^^^^ I really hope that poor car gets put out of its misery soon enough. Engines raised, and still manages to break the oil pan once a week. Cant wait to see the post "guise! my car is totaled!!"

I'm all for slammed cars, I think my track record speaks for itself. But thats just stupid, and ugly and you're friend is a moron.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Edit:

Don't care, still stupid. Hope that car DIAF.

This thread is about serious coilover comparisions. We've already established FK's go undriveably low. Lets just leave it at that. K?