GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

painting front bumper?

Gjergj

Ready to race!
Is it possible to remove the non body colored surround on the front bumper without removing the entire bumper itself. I would like to get this painted as I have seen a few on the forum do this but cant be without my front bumper for more than a day.

Gjergj

Ready to race!
Great... Can I place the insert back in once painted without removing it again?

Sent from my htc evo

Orient Express

Ready to race!
I assume that you want to paint the center insert on the lower bumper.

That piece is separate with the lower grille and the foglight bezels snapped into it.

If you get a fresh center piece and have it painted, you can swap it out at your leisure.

Gjergj

Ready to race!
Thats exactly what I am doing. What I was asking is do I have to remove the bumper again to put it back in.

Sent from my htc evo

airandwater

Passed Driver's Ed
his point was that if you buy a new center piece and have it painted beforehand you can just swap it out... therefore only needing to remove the bumper once.

Gjergj

Ready to race!
Totally missed that...... That is a great idea. I just removed that lower grill from that surround and it sucked. I hated all the damn clips.PITA

Sent from my htc evo

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Im only going to say this once. You only have to remove the bumper once once the lower grill has been removed you can pop the lower grill back in without removing the bumper.

that would be once as in one or 1 time.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
You have to remove the bumper but you can put it back on without the insert and just clip it in once it's painted.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad0259:

E46 SC3

Ready to race!
I assume that you want to paint the center insert on the lower bumper.

That piece is separate with the lower grille and the foglight bezels snapped into it.

If you get a fresh center piece and have it painted, you can swap it out at your leisure.

Looks like this would be the perfect time to get those side markers painted too!:w00t:

GTIGTI1

Ready to race!
his point was that if you buy a new center piece and have it painted beforehand you can just swap it out... therefore only needing to remove the bumper once.

I took my car to the bodyshop last night to get the bumper removed and the Valence painted. You would actually need to remove the bumper only once either way as the Valence clips in from the front, but has to be removed from the back.

Also, from the pictures, it looks like the person removed the lower grille as well, which was not neccessary. Once the bumper is off, the Valence can be removed without touching the lower grill. I am driving my car right now with the lower grille and no Valence while it's getting painted. Once I get the Valence back, it should be able to just clip back into the bumper from the front.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
I took my car to the bodyshop last night to get the bumper removed and the Valence painted. You would actually need to remove the bumper only once either way as the Valence clips in from the front, but has to be removed from the back.

Also, from the pictures, it looks like the person removed the lower grille as well, which was not neccessary. Once the bumper is off, the Valence can be removed without touching the lower grill. I am driving my car right now with the lower grille and no Valence while it's getting painted. Once I get the Valence back, it should be able to just clip back into the bumper from the front.

No really only once?

GTIGTI1

Ready to race!
The way it was deisnged is, you have to unclip from the back, but you should be able to push it into place from the front, assuming you didn't break any of the clips. That should require you to take the bumper off only once (to unclip from the back)

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
The way it was deisnged is, you have to unclip from the back, but you should be able to push it into place from the front, assuming you didn't break any of the clips. That should require you to take the bumper off only once (to unclip from the back)

Only once gee I wish I said that three posts ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIGTI1

Ready to race!
Only once gee I wish I said that three posts ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, you're cool! Actually someone said it before you so your post is about as pointless as mine.

Maybe if I contributed to this board as much as you do with post such as "this!!!!!!", I'd have 1 gazillion posts!!!