GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered my 2012 RB Golf R!

Blazn5

Ready to race!
Ok I decided to go ahead and order the Golf R. My good friend at our local dealer called me yesterday after leaving a teleconference with VW America. So he told me that VW plans to initially send 3 Golf R's to dealers around the country. For that reason, he told me that I needed to act fast if I wanted one. I as this was a big decision to make I had call him back.

One of the main things that I was fighting with is the fact that APR stage 3 for the TSI is better that stage 3 for the FSI. by 30+ tourqes or so. Still I felt that AWD Would be something I could use to apply Power to the road in a greater variety of scenarios than with my stage 1 2010 GTI.

I called him back and decided to order the below setup:
Base Price: $32,500 :D
Options: 9 speaker dyn-audio, sunroof, KESSY, RNS-315(fml, hopefully I can switch this with a 510) I asked him to let me know if any additional option became available.(hopefully dynamic suspension or optical parking system)

He told me that he would put in the order and call me back with a build date, final price , etc. As he was instructed to do, he told me to expect delivery circa march 2012 which is my b-day.

I'm guessing that other dealers received the same instructions; So if you're intrested in the golf R, I suggest you call up your local dealers.

Financially I know getting the R after having a GTI for 2 years doesn't make much since but I plan on keeping the Golf R for a very long time.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
That base price doesn't exist. The speculated cost for the premium/high trim level is exactly where you stated in the other thread.... $35-$36K, probably more on the higher side/closer to $36K. They got you on the $32,500... none of these will go for $32,500.. not even the actual "base" model.

Blazn5

Ready to race!
Oh wow, that is pretty strange. Well I'm just going on his word right now. If it's anywhere near 36k for a base price I will NOT be taking delivery!!!

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Your "options" are not base options, they are premium/high level options!! similar to the GTI Autobahn package - KESSY, navi, push button, sunroof, etc., so YES, you will be paying close to $36K brodawg!!!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Stage 3 Golf R = ~$45K will all supporting mods

Could definitely get better performing vehicles in that range.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Blazn5

Ready to race!
Ok so you are saying that for the high level trim it will be 36k. That's fine.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, it will cost somewhere around there, if not a tad more with delivery/destination costs.

there's also no adaptive suspension like the euro version and very doubtful on rear camera. You need to catch up on some car nerd homework ;)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I drive 30k miles/ year. Fuel expense would be a show stopper

Really? Depreciation is way higher than any kind of fuel expense.

lon888

Ready to race!
I agree with the other forum members, $32K is a fantasy price. My guess for the average decked model will be about $38K. It's just too much of a niche market car to have any discount pricing.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I agree with the other forum members, $32K is a fantasy price. My guess for the average decked model will be about $38K. It's just too much of a niche market car to have any discount pricing.

Lets not forget the random dealer markup for special edition vehicles!

Blazn5

Ready to race!
Lets not forget the random dealer markup for special edition vehicles!

agreed^^

Hopefully the dealer doesn't try to hit me with some crazy markup that would put this car over 36K. If that comes to be they will have a lonesome Golf R to sale.

Ill provide more info one he gets back with me next week as far as the price.

65dunebuugy

insert custom title here
I pre-ordered my 4-door candy white R yesterday at my VW dealer. They had no pricing but the shipping would be $770. I have the order code sheet. I'll start a new thread about it. I have to say that 32.5 would be a nice price to start at. I was kind of sadden when I can only get the Kessy system with the sunroof and navi (neither which I really want) but oh well.