GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered my 2012 RB Golf R!

SRT2GTI

Banned
I inquired about a Golf R from the dealership I bought my 2012 Autobahn from (1-1/2 weeks ago). The salesman said they would most likely be priced around $35-$36K, and since obviously they're limited production runs..most likely they will be selling for well over msrp. This is not fact, just what the salesman suspected

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I pre-ordered my 4-door candy white R yesterday at my VW dealer. They had no pricing but the shipping would be $770. I have the order code sheet. I'll start a new thread about it. I have to say that 32.5 would be a nice price to start at. I was kind of sadden when I can only get the Kessy system with the sunroof and navi (neither which I really want) but oh well.

32.5 isn't going to happen for anyone.

$770 destination fee isn't telling you much.

Many would have gotten KESSY as a standalone option, but just like the Autobahn Package GTI, it's all or nothing.

darian

Ready to race!
Congrats for your order. And the other guys stop bitching about the price. In Romania were the medium salary is about 300 $ per month the price for the R i ordered is about 47.000$ and that is 5-6 grand lower than the EVO or STI

pressure drop

Ready to race!
Financially I know getting the R after having a GTI for 2 years doesn't make much since but I plan on keeping the Golf R for a very long time.
Until the mk7 R comes! There have been speculation VW may put the 5cyl (from the RS3 and TTRS) in it. That would be the perfect car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Until the mk7 R comes! There have been speculation VW may put the 5cyl (from the RS3 and TTRS) in it. That would be the perfect car.

:eek::clap::drool::thumbup:

darian

Ready to race!
I really dont think they will put the 5 pot engine in the future R, because of the cost. At least not yet, maybe in 6-7 years in the mk8 model.

I am sorry for the offtopic.

Your so right or you can wait 10 years and get the triple turboed 6wd R

Gtfo, there's always gonna be something better.

The R is gonna be sick, build it, big turbo it. You'll be able to push 500 np.

If I found a fucked up ttrs there's no doubt I'd consider swapping motors..

I highly doubt VW will put a bigger motor in there. Emissions is getting worse and worse, Audi is looking to be performance luxury.
VW wants to be mass market, good mpg, quality cars. I doubt they'll put a 2.5 in there

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Hmm seems like 32,500 without options would make sense given that a base GTi is 23,500 which is 9k cheaper!!! 36k+ options is absurd, given that you can pick up an S4 for 48 ... given the same VW family.

insideoutoreo699

I Gargle Balls!
Your so right or you can wait 10 years and get the triple turboed 6wd R

Gtfo, there's always gonna be something better.

The R is gonna be sick, build it, big turbo it. You'll be able to push 500 np.

If I found a fucked up ttrs there's no doubt I'd consider swapping motors..

I highly doubt VW will put a bigger motor in there. Emissions is getting worse and worse, Audi is looking to be performance luxury.
VW wants to be mass market, good mpg, quality cars. I doubt they'll put a 2.5 in there

If I keep my GTI long enough this is my plan!!

SilvaGTI

Somebody stop me
You guys in the US frustrate me. You really don't know how good you have it with car prices. I live in Australia and at the moment our $$$'s are worth basically the same right?

Well I just ordered my CW Golf R which is due on January 11th 2012. The price?
$67,565 with leather, DCC, 19's, and DSG (sorry but DSG rocks). I'll say that again...$67,565.. that's USD$65,000.

And you guys are bitching about $36-38k.... Geeezzzzz!

DJ GAINS BOND

Passed Driver's Ed
You guys in the US frustrate me. You really don't know how good you have it with car prices. I live in Australia and at the moment our $$$'s are worth basically the same right?

Well I just ordered my CW Golf R which is due on January 11th 2012. The price?
$67,565 with leather, DCC, 19's, and DSG (sorry but DSG rocks). I'll say that again...$67,565.. that's USD$65,000.

And you guys are bitching about $36-38k.... Geeezzzzz!

and you guys kill us about what you pay. You live where you live and get paid what you paid. You sound like a millionaire that complains about having to pay ONE (1) more dollar than someone making $50k in taxes. It's all relative.....

wolflen

Ready to race!
lets not forget the "true" price ... add that sales tax of 8-10%+...depending on state/city..and your hi-performance car insurance...42k+ for me..

did a "quick & dirty" on excel...and a verbal from insurance co...with 10K down and 12K trade in..

Base 42,000
Tax 10.25% 4,305
less down (22,000)

Principal 24,305
Rate 1%
Time 48
Payment 517 insurance 1,800.00
monthly 150.00
Total with Interest 24,804

Total monthly 667

Vesper

Ready to race!
Not that I was ever serious about buying one but... the fact that they don't have DSG in the states is a no-go for me. I read though that the EU has that option???

Evil Genius

Ready to race!
Ahhh, I WOULD NOT purchase the GTI-R in North America.
I was disappointed to see that it doesn't come with the LED Tails.
The GTI, fine, I understand- But the 'R'? C'Mon!!!!!!!

If you could wait 'til March 2012? I'd just ship one over from Euro!
Have yourself a real 'R' if you're gna shell out that much coin.