GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KDR Motorwerks Release: TSI Grounding Kit

John@KDRmotorwerks

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Forum!

Tonight we're glad to announce the first product available from KDR Motorwerks. We're pleased to release the KDR Grounding Kit.

KDR Motorwerks Grounding Kit improves a vehicle's electrical system by using various grounding points and more larger wiring than the car came with from manufacturer with. They create a safe and reliable way of creating a low resistance ground path for your car. The KDR Grounding kit helps dissipate the electrostatic build-up near vital electrical parts which improves performance of those components.

Our beta testers experienced some performance gains, better throttle response, quicker start ups and smoother idle. Although performance gains were reported we will not make any HP claims small or big with or without dyno charts.

At KDR Motorwerks, when we launch a product we believe it should be on sale. So that everyone can jump and get the latest and greatest product first. Unlike our competitors that only put products on sale when their product is overstocked or not selling!

With that, the KDR Grounding Kit will be on sale for the first 72 hours! Once the 72 hour Launch Sale has expired, the price will go to its normally advertised price. We have several products that are in pipe line, and will be released soon, stay tuned.

Below are some pictures of the kit. (Please visit our site for Pricing)

Thanks
John
KDR Motorwerks :thumbup:

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Our beta testers experienced some performance gains, better throttle response, quicker start ups and smoother idle. Although performance gains were reported we will not make any HP claims small or big with or without dyno charts.

I'm not sure about this mod. Aren't most of the signals the ECU deals with digital anyway? If that's the case, wouldn't it be more of a "car not working properly" situation that requires dealership/VWoA attention if grounding was actually insufficient for the electronics? :confused:

John@KDRmotorwerks

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure about this mod. Aren't most of the signals the ECU deals with digital anyway? If that's the case, wouldn't it be more of a "car not working properly" situation that requires dealership/VWoA attention if grounding was actually insufficient for the electronics? :confused:

Some signals on our cars are digital but not ALL. For the signals that are analog or components that convert signals from analog to digital a proper ground is needed for it to operate at its peak aka perform as it should.

OEM grounding and grounding points are inadequate for the components they ground hence the improvement our kit provides.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
pics don't work :S

BeauG

Ready to race!
This seems like a "Monster Cable" scheme to me.

"Our beta testers experienced some performance gains"

But, you won't attempt to prove this in ANY way...

Basically 50 bucks for $2.00 worth of cables and a "bracket" with no actual reproducible evidence of improvement anywhere? I'll pass. I really doubt that VAG barfed up some horrible engineering that left all sorts of components improperly grounded to the extent that this is necessary.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
This is true. Wheres the test data? A simple 0.0X amps or 0.1V difference will not suffice a $50 purchase.

Thats like taking a coke bottle out of my car and saying, "I should see some weight savings"

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Ok, you show this:

but where do the groudn cables go to from there?
Can you please post more pictures?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Thats just poor quality

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Butt Connectors = $6 (Pack of 20)
4Gauge wire = $12 for 25FT

Hmmmm......

I respect the effort

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
The holes aren't even drilled straight....

Get your torches people

Uberryan

Banned
This seems like a "Monster Cable" scheme to me.

"Our beta testers experienced some performance gains"

But, you won't attempt to prove this in ANY way...

Basically 50 bucks for $2.00 worth of cables and a "bracket" with no actual reproducible evidence of improvement anywhere? I'll pass. I really doubt that VAG barfed up some horrible engineering that left all sorts of components improperly grounded to the extent that this is necessary.

This...

Also performance gains...? In what? My iPod will load songs to the MFD quicker? I literally lol'd.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
This is true. Wheres the test data? A simple 0.0X amps or 0.1V difference will not suffice a $50 purchase.

Thats like taking a coke bottle out of my car and saying, "I should see some weight savings"

Almost funny enough to replace my current signature quote...ALMOST.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer