GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replace city lights with LEDs...help

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Nope those are sidemarkers. Parking lights are in the front.

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
lol so they are the DRLs then? or are they the orange bulbs

sorry, ive just been wanting to change them and its hard to find a thread suiting the purpose!

Uberryan

Banned
To notice citylights, you'll need to vagcom off the DRLs, and properly install a euro switch with the trigger wire, etc. The city lights are little halogen bulbs under the xenon lenses in my case. If you got the car without the xenon option, the city lights are the inner pair of halogens.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
However the leds dont usually look that bright in real life...so dont get too upset when you see them,

Vesper

Ready to race!
So this LED bulb swap I assume is for halogen setups right?

Does anyone have pics of these LEDs working on a halogen headlamp setup.

Also, does it look cheap? I dont want my car looking like a 1998 Honda Civic with obvious white light/ fake LEDs.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
[/QUOTE]

Those are not halogens. It looks sick with xenons.

Vesper

Ready to race!
These won't fit the halogen DRLs. To be honest, if you have halogens, put a noyka yellow bulb in the DRLs, and leave it. LEDs won't look too good on that housing.

I would like to see this yellow DRL bulb swap!!!! :D

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
^ thats what im debating. i hate the off-white-yellow garbage, any pics with the noyka yellow bulb?

Uberryan

Banned
www.ledwholesalers.com

Item name: 6 SMT LED 194 T10 Wedge Bulb light color - White (5000 to 6500K)
Item number: 110415-224205-6755
Quantity: 2

So Gun, I did install the LEDs, but they came extremely dim. Supposed to be like this? I haven't vagcom'd them just yet, but like I said, they're no brighter than the stock bulbs, maybe just bluer. Kinda disappointed, unless there's a way to increase brightness...?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
mine were bluer, seemed brighter - i did hear there is a module to change brightness somewhere in vagcom.

1analguy

Ready to race!
mine were bluer, seemed brighter - i did hear there is a module to change brightness somewhere in vagcom.

It's been a while since I've been into the long coding, but I distinctly remember that one of the bytes allows for setting the voltage that goes to various lighting. The default values are near the center of the adjustment range, so there is room to go up or down with the voltage depending on your preferences. How much this will matter, I don't know...

roy_gti

attached pic for your reference, i also changed 6000K LED super bright, color look like OEM LED.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 898