GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**3rd Official OEM Golf R LED Tail GROUP BUY**

chino246

Ready to race!
Standing by for updates

Isj

Go Kart Champion
I'm just saying the savings were more like 150-200 before.

the previous group buys were always at the same price, $650 shipped for tail lights and adapters.

If you don't need adapters, I think BKS sells them for 619 during the group buy.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
100 bucks is 100 bucks. thats cash i can put towards my own vag-com cable.

GTIfromLI

Count me in for a pair of the tinted ones, no fog.
Is the 4th group buy organized yet?

GTIfromLI

jdb

well... after participating in this group buy I finally received my lights yesterday. My timeline was:

14-Nov-11
Paid BKS via PayPal

25-Nov-11
Received email with invoice saying the order had been dispatched. Also received tracking number from DHL which showed a status of "The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically"

6-Dec-11
Email BKS since my tracking status still hadn't changed.

7-Dec-11
Reply from Robert saying he will check

8-Dec-11
Tracking status suddenly changes to "The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin"

9-Dec-11
Email BKS asking if there is any update. Tracking status also changes to "The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel centre"

10-Dec-11
Reply from Robert saying "we must send you a new package because DHL don’t know where is the first one". At the point I also emailed DHL who said nothing of the sort and that the package simply hadn't been provided to them. I also note the tracking number hasn't changed and based on this am inclined to believe DHL. The tracking status again changes to "The shipment is being transported to the destination country"

21-Dec-11
Tracking status updates to "The shipment has arrived in the destination country". The lights are finally in Australia.

29-Dec-11
Another tracking update "The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot"

3-Jan-12
Lights finally arrive and the status updates accordingly to "The shipment has been successfully delivered".

So, from payment to delivery I waited 51 days. The box arrived pretty beaten up, wet and tattered. Thankfully the lights seem to have been packed in enough bubble-wrap to survive, I guess I won't know for sure until I get a chance to actually install them.

jrwamp

Ready to race!
HI,

do you live in DC metro area? I just bought the OEM Golf R LED tails and i was wondering where did you go for the VAGCOMM coding?

Thanks,

Hey, I think we're both part of the 4th group buy. So I haven't gotten mine yet either, check out the regional forum for the mid-atlantic. I don't want to speak for anyone, but some of the guys in regional offered up their services for it.

Not positive, but I think you can go to certain shops to get it done too. One guy mentioned getting it done when he was at NGP in Lorton for his apr stage 1 tune.

bigpun

Ready to race!
Hey, I think we're both part of the 4th group buy. So I haven't gotten mine yet either, check out the regional forum for the mid-atlantic. I don't want to speak for anyone, but some of the guys in regional offered up their services for it.

Not positive, but I think you can go to certain shops to get it done too. One guy mentioned getting it done when he was at NGP in Lorton for his apr stage 1 tune.

yea i heard of NGP as well doing it. but i was just trying to see if anybody else does it as well in our area.