GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Candy White, rare?

awkwardbeta

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I got a pretty good deal. Wish I got the CW tho', love this car in the white, but meh, CSG was my second choice :) can't complain.

GTI Cadence

Ready to race!
Have you taken delivery yet? I'm just curious because $28,300 sounds like a great deal. Yet I've seen quite a few other members speak too soon only to find the price doesn't include destination or dealer documentation fees.

NoCal GTi

I too wanted CW, settled for CSG when I found a sunroof / Nav DSG 5 door near me last year. Went to the dealer last week and there sat a '12 CW exactly like my car! Shoulda waited a year I guess...NOT!

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
from what i found when i was searching is that a 4 door manual is rare in any color....i wanted a SB with a 6 speed xenons and a sun roof....4door preferred...when i couldn't find a SB I looked for 4 door in any other color with those options, and i found 2 4 door manuals within 100 miles...thankfully one of them had the options i wanted

I found the same thing with trying to get or test drive a four door manual. I settled on a base, but most dealers in my area only had DSG four doors and maybe a few two door manuals. I wouldnt be surprised if the two door sold more manuals than the four door. But they did have a few white DSG four doors.

Im thinking more manual four dours are in less of demand in my area or more people are snatching them up, but most dealers locally bearly have any in any configuration, and most GTI's I've seen that were four doors have been DSG same goes for MKVs too. Another guy at a local VW meet mentioned was wondering where I got the manual GTI, he did mention he gave up looking for one in my area

Looking at cars.com within a 50 mile radius of my zip code, 23 new GTI's, with 8 manuals, 6 are two doors, 2 are four doors, the rest of the 15 are all dsg...

Last edited:

PzKpfw MKVI

I can't speak for any other area then Seattle but I was not able to find any Candy White GTI's in the state that were 2 doors. All of the ones I have seen at the dealers have been black four doors. I was able to put a deposit down on a white 2 door this weekend and from the shipping manifest there was 703 VW's, just loaded off of the Hoegh Kobe in San Diego this morning. I hope that my car is on that boat and I don't have to wait will late next month.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I can't speak for any other area then Seattle but I was not able to find any Candy White GTI's in the state that were 2 doors. All of the ones I have seen at the dealers have been black four doors. I was able to put a deposit down on a white 2 door this weekend and from the shipping manifest there was 703 VW's, just loaded off of the Hoegh Kobe in San Diego this morning. I hope that my car is on that boat and I don't have to wait will late next month.

Bought my 2012 CW 2 door 6spd with sunroof/conv package on December 28th. It was actually the only one they had on the lot with what I wanted. I just so happened to fall in love with the color. Paid 24,150 OTD including the extended bumper to bumper warranty. I think I did well, considering the salesman was practically ripping his hair out and had to take a few smoke breaks :thumbup:

walker

Go Kart Newbie
I was not able to find any Candy White GTI's in the state that were 2 doors. All of the ones I have seen at the dealers have been black four doors.

Inventories must very by region. I looked all over NYS, new england, and the mid-atlantic for a black 4 door manual but it was like they didn't exist. After four months or so I got a good deal on a black 2dr mt, so I figured I can live with two less doors. Yet every dealer had a plethora of CW.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I had a hard time finding mine. Shadow Blue, 4 door, DSG, HIDs, sunroof and nav, there were 2 in the country. I wanted Dynaudio but I refused to settle for an autobahn package. The kessey system sucks and I will not own a car with leather.

GTI Cadence

Ready to race!
I had a hard time finding mine. Shadow Blue, 4 door, DSG, HIDs, sunroof and nav, there were 2 in the country. I wanted Dynaudio but I refused to settle for an autobahn package. The kessey system sucks and I will not own a car with leather.

Whats wrong with kessey and leather? I would be more upset about not having Dynaudio than having the more convenient kessey and better supporting leather seats. Heck I'm sure someone would trade their cloth plus $1000 for leather, so you would of ended up making out on the deal.

Last edited:

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
The kessey system used on the GTI is shit, VW sucks at Kessy. Whats wrong with leather.... what's wrong with my preference for my car? You like it - great, I don't so I still won't buy a car with leather.