GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thunder bunny side skirt

BonJovic

Ready to race!
Got them in Today...that was fast. Its gonna be awhile until i paint them and put them on...but heres what they look like. I did a quick eyeball test and put it up to the side, and it looks good!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
very nice!

Andyman

Ready to race!
Got them in Today...that was fast. Its gonna be awhile until i paint them and put them on...but heres what they look like. I did a quick eyeball test and put it up to the side, and it looks good!

BonJovic- those look like crap, you don't want to put those trashy things on your car.... Send 'em to me.:D.

Andyman

Ready to race!
Ordered a pair of the side skirts today from our local dealer (Albuquerque), $212 total price. They are shipping from a New Jersey warehouse.... I'll get them painted straight away and post before and after pics. p.s. I feel like our dealer rips folks off, if the shipping wasn't crazy I would have ordered from ECS.

Andyman

Ready to race!
Any updated pictures with the skirts painted and installed?

Painted mine this past Saturday and the 3M automotive tape showed up at the door via UPS tonight. I will update with pics and a review/instal experience this upcoming weekend.

Andyman

Ready to race!
Painted mine this past Saturday and the 3M automotive tape showed up at the door via UPS tonight. I will update with pics and a review/instal experience this upcoming weekend.

Finally got the side skirts installed, It was pretty easy to do. I opted to use "3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape pn:06382"- I did not use the urethane glue which was called out in the instructions, just in case I wanted to remove them. So I ordered a can of United Gray base coat (paint code: LA7T) and a can of clear. I sprayed the side skirts out in my drive way, red neck style. :) They turned out pretty decent, the mix is a little bit darker... not enough to be frustrated about. I let them dry a few days and installed.

I got the side skirts to cover up a dent in my rocker panel from using the jack the GTI came with.... I guess I just don't know how to use that POS- it scares the crap out of me.

Fitment for the thunder bunny side skirts on a 4-door 2010 MK6 is pretty good, it is not perfect- there is about an 1/8" gap, the skirts are a little to long. Other than that I would say they are really nice, makes my car look lower. Any questions about the install or if folks want I can post some more pics from diffrent angles.

Attachments

• IMG_4498.jpg
    IMG_4498.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_4499.jpg
    IMG_4499.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 616
Last edited: