GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Guy at work has a stage 3 sc g35

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
I don't have a tune so im stage 0 lol.. My friend does not have a hi rev motor and we went from about 80kmh - 180kmh.. No doubt the faster we went the more he would have pulled but he barely even passed me.. Maybe my cars a freak? I don't have a video of that race but this is my video racing a 335is (330/330 hp/tq) http://m.youtube.com/index?client=m...gpy#/watch?default_tab=comments&v=cA1Z-pvsHeo

Tell me I can't go with a g35?

Also my friend can drive, which I cannot say for many g35/350z drivers

I'm not saying its not possible to stay close with one, best bet would be off the line or a low roll, but the g35 will gain more and more the higher the race goes (compared to stock gti) which means a stock gti will not beat a g35, which is the point I'm making. Yes it may be able to hang but top end the g will pull.

Ps, you did damn well against that 335is, I'm impressed but the convertible weighs 4,000 lbs (which is what you ran), compared to the 335is coupe at 3,500 lbs which makes a HUGE difference.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Ha! This thread is absolutely hilarious. Yes, on paper a G35 will beat a GTI, stock for stock. But tons of variables come into play in real life. bad vs good drivers, trying hard vs casually racing, tires, weather, surprise.....the list goes on and on.

Impossible is nothing!

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
Ha! This thread is absolutely hilarious. Yes, on paper a G35 will beat a GTI, stock for stock. But tons of variables come into play in real life. bad vs good drivers, trying hard vs casually racing, tires, weather, surprise.....the list goes on and on.

Impossible is nothing!

LOL! This is true but if you beat up an amputated football player would you just tell all your friends you beat up a football player?

GTITX1

Ready to race!
Why do people have to act like the GTI is a super car :lol:

This thread, and the one with the guys saying the Ferrari California is slow and a waste of money should be merged together.

iliftthings

Ready to race!
It is a super car. What's wrong with people on this forum... They must not be able to unlock the full potential of the beast.

jm6001

Ready to race!
No one ever said it was a super car, and by no means are G35's even fast especially ones that only have the 270hp motor. Personally casually racing doesn't even make sense.. If a car like a G35 is racing a GTI he cannot sandbag and still be able to keep up. If it was a ferrari vs gti, i am pretty sure a ferrari can sandbag and still blow a gti away. bottom line is the g35 is not really as fast as every on this board makes it out to be.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
No one ever said it was a super car, and by no means are G35's even fast especially ones that only have the 270hp motor. Personally casually racing doesn't even make sense.. If a car like a G35 is racing a GTI he cannot sandbag and still be able to keep up. If it was a ferrari vs gti, i am pretty sure a ferrari can sandbag and still blow a gti away. bottom line is the g35 is not really as fast as every on this board makes it out to be.

270 hp is automatic manual ones are 306 hp...

jm6001

Ready to race!
Off of wiki, we were both wrong.

A 6-speed manual transmission became available in 2003 as a 2003 model on the sedan (the coupe always had the option). For the 2003-04 model years, the V6 produced 195 kW (265 PS; 261 hp) and 350 N·m (258 lb·ft) of torque in the sedan, 210 kW (286 PS; 282 hp) and 365 N·m (269 lb·ft) in the coupe.

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
Off of wiki, we were both wrong.

A 6-speed manual transmission became available in 2003 as a 2003 model on the sedan (the coupe always had the option). For the 2003-04 model years, the V6 produced 195 kW (265 PS; 261 hp) and 350 N·m (258 lb·ft) of torque in the sedan, 210 kW (286 PS; 282 hp) and 365 N·m (269 lb·ft) in the coupe.

Wow, I learned something new today I NEVER knew at one point the sedan had less power...