GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gunkata’s “S3” A3 2.0T Quattro K04 Build

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Excited for you my man! DG springs fit on there? ;)

me too! just got home :D haha, nah, DG springs def wont work on it, weighs too much more im sure.

congrats! broski. im not feeling it yet..maybe cuz its stock :iono:

it looks much better in person than the pics, darker too.

birthday present to yourself? :thumbsup:

haha, wasn't planned that way initially, but it worked out like that :thumbup:

Congrats! Can't wait to see this.... It's gonna be a beast.

:w00t:

Nice to meet you tonight John. Good luck with the new car. I saw them filling it up at the gas station across the street after we left. Looks nice.

Thanks, EJ -you too!

Well, im trying to calm down after getting it, but man, I thought I was gonna get a ticket on the way home. It rides very plush, the DSG is great, the grip is fantastic with having the quattro - no slip detected really at all, just grips and go - perhaps not as well as an evo or sti, but not too far off.

I will try to get more pics either in the morning or tomorrow night for sure. Tint next week... then trying to decide what dp route to go for the K04 install. Also need to do S3 IC and put the stoptechs back on, along with the VMR's - I am too drained tonight to do it, haha.

But VERY happy with the purchase. Even knowing its essentially an AWD GTI, it feels like a much different car and though I lost a few things from the Autobahn and the GTI in general (rear AC vents especially), it has some cool little extras too. And those sexy sexy LED DRL's :D

Swoope

Ready to race!
glad my garage full of tires and stuff wont help you..

die, die, die..

btw, looking for your car local.. close house, sell new car, buy used audi. simple, smart..

if it tests well on track. i am going to be soooooooo. pissed

not, duh..

beers

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
are you drunk^?? ;)

Oh, the Audi has its own "hatch pop" from the factory. that must be essentially what ECS sells to "convert" it on the GTI.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Some pics updated in the first post, and here they are as well:

sorry for the blurry ones.... pretty overcast this morning as well. The dealer owes me an "Audi Sport" black license plate frame that will be going on the rear, and then I will probably debadge at least the A3, if not the 2.0T Quattro, but we'll see. VMR's going on tonight or tomorrow night. Had a GREAT drive to work today in the heavy traffic, taking it easy, lol... and then going into manual mode for some quick bursts of F1 flavor here and there, haha..

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
the DRLs are much brighter than i thought they would be, very nice

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the new wheels on there.

Any plans for suspension?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the DRLs are much brighter than i thought they would be, very nice

same here. they can actually be turned up brighter through vagcom as well, but will probably leave them as is to keep their life long.

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the new wheels on there.

Any plans for suspension?

thanks, me too on the wheels!

suspension... maybe just sways and leave it stock... maybe. I like the ride as is right now.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
You know, one thing I never liked about the Mk5s and the A3 is the lack of a dual exhaust. Some people hate it on the Mk6, I personally think it looks more the part of the car without being too much.

I wonder if someone makes a dual exit rear valance for the A3?

Edit: Gunkata, you need some red calipers, broheim!

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Fake dual exhaust FTW