GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gunkata’s “S3” A3 2.0T Quattro K04 Build

ImmI

Ready to race!
Congrats on the car! It's definitely a step up even though others might not think so.

It does look a bit bland for now though, nothing those VMR's can't fix :thumbup:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Why are you fooling yourself like you aren't going to lower it? LOL!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wow, I didn't realize the A3 looked that nice. For some reason I thought they looked worse than that. Is it my imagination or does it have less cargo room than the GTI?

Discussed in other thread. Yes slightly less. Its essentially the same car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats on the car! It's definitely a step up even though others might not think so.

It does look a bit bland for now though, nothing those VMR's can't fix :thumbup:

Thanks! and yep, hopefully getting em on tonight.

Why are you fooling yourself like you aren't going to lower it? LOL!

if i do, it has to be something really good... like Bilstein P$$10's.... LULZ.

congrats john, I wish i had more money to get back into an audi...

It was about what I spent to buy my autobahn almost 2 years ago. Knowing the sales guy ( a little ) helped as well.

Wow, I didn't realize the A3 looked that nice. For some reason I thought they looked worse than that. Is it my imagination or does it have less cargo room than the GTI?

looks - the older ones didnt look that great. But the 09+ refresh are much better.

see below on space.

Discussed in other thread. Yes slightly less. Its essentially the same car.

just started looking through the local audi listings... FML

haha, dont do that!

Just looked over listings briefly myself and remembered why I didn't want an A3: can't get quattro with a manual in USA. Looks like a badass project if you can deal with the automatic though.

Pretty sure people have said you can get it, but maybe thats with the 3.2 only, not sure. either way, the combo i got is also pretty rare.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Nice ride.
Did you buy it new or used?

Shocking that the wheels are only 17's though.
Had me confused since the A4 has a Sport Package with the same exact wheel, except in 18" though

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Nice ride.

Had me confused since the A4 has a Sport Package with the same exact wheel, except in 18" though

+1 I was a bit surprised by that also.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Congrats man.

If they made the A3 Quattro in the TDI would have gotten that instead of the Jetta for the wife. They are nice, but I still like the exterior lines of the GTI more. Same cars, but one is a hatchback, the other is a wagon. :D

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Wohoo! :thumbsup: New ride, lookin slick!! Can't wait to see how K04 will dig with 4wd :D

And now I'm considering a front facia swap. A3 to GTI. I can hardly picure it, but someone better at PhotoShop can (;)). How far off are the frame dimensions?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Congrats man.

If they made the A3 Quattro in the TDI would have gotten that instead of the Jetta for the wife. They are nice, but I still like the exterior lines of the GTI more. Same cars, but one is a hatchback, the other is a wagon. :D

Why not just get the A3 tdi then? :laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Nice ride.

not too shocking really ;)

An A3 with the titanium package (aka sport package) is gonna run at least $38-40K+ new. This car stickered at $36k when new, and doesnt even have nav.

The A4 is not available in S-Tronic/DSG, but can be had with a sport package and 18" wheels, and in some situations, it HAS paddle shifters, but it is NOT DSG. I found this out during my looking process, because I was initially going to get an '09 A4 sport package.

+1 I was a bit surprised by that also.

don't be! lol... its basically wheels, summer tires, and some accents on the inside and out, nothing too crazy. I have my own wheels, and it doesnt upgrade brakes ( ive got that covered too), so it wasnt needed, but if one was available, i def would have looked at it.

Congrats man.

Pretty sure they do make a TDI quattro? the A3 "wagon" is really mostly an illusion.

Wohoo! :thumbsup: New ride, lookin slick!! Can't wait to see how K04 will dig with 4wd :D

And now I'm considering a front facia swap. A3 to GTI. I can hardly picure it, but someone better at PhotoShop can (;)). How far off are the frame dimensions?

Thanks, me too (on the K04)! I'm researching dp's, trying to find something very quiet - possibly Billy Boat catted dp.

the chassis and frame should be the same, I'd imagine. That would be a sick swap, btw.