GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paddle ?

AcADIeN

Passed Driver's Ed
Can paddle be added after, what I'm actually asking is does all wheel (2010 and up) have the mechanism to add the paddle? Tried to find my answer but it's not clear, I could open my steering wheel to see but hey, if someone knows the answer, it could save me the headache.

EDIT: I think I found the answer

"there’s the available 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and a 6-speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) with available paddle shifting"

EDIT2: well I'm still lost ;p

"Available in a Trendline & Sportline with our 2.5L gas, 170 horsepower (& Lots of German Torque!) in a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed DSG Tiptronic transmission."

Last edited:

thygreyt

Racekor.
Can paddle be added after, what I'm actually asking is does all wheel (2010 and up) have the mechanism to add the paddle? Tried to find my answer but it's not clear, I could open my steering wheel to see but hey, if someone knows the answer, it could save me the headache.

Adding a steering wheel with paddles?

Super easy. As long as you have all the proper components, its a matter.of vag com.

On a mkv, you need a highline steering column control module, the proper.airbag/ steering wheel harness, and a highline or a capable central electric control module.
And again, vag com.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

AcADIeN

Passed Driver's Ed
Adding a steering wheel with paddles?

Super easy. As long as you have all the proper components, its a matter.of vag com.

On a mkv, you need a highline steering column control module, the proper.airbag/ steering wheel harness, and a highline or a capable central electric control module.
And again, vag com.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your answer

But I'm reading that it need to have DSG(direct-shift gearbox)? like my first post, some are saying that there is DSG transmission, Tiptronic and manual (so 3 different) and some are saying that the DSG and tiptronic is merge (so only the automatic DSG Tiptronic and the manual). Is my automatic tiptronic (mk6) does have DSG? It's not clear

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I dont believe Tiptronic has direct connectors for paddle shifting. You would have to wire into the manual mode buttons in the center console.

AcADIeN

Passed Driver's Ed
I dont believe Tiptronic has direct connectors for paddle shifting. You would have to wire into the manual mode buttons in the center console.

Thanks, so tiptronic != DSG, I think DSG is only on TDI (by what I'm reading on other posts) I could be wrong though

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I believe in some VAG cars, perhaps moreso Audi, there are paddle shifters on the tiptronic cars, which are not DSG transmission cars - unless this changed recently.

But that was the reason I didn't buy an A4 - as the few with paddle shifters were not true DSG cars.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I believe in some VAG cars, perhaps moreso Audi, there are paddle shifters on the tiptronic cars, which are not DSG transmission cars - unless this changed recently.

But that was the reason I didn't buy an A4 - as the few with paddle shifters were not true DSG cars.

True. That might be a consideration, but that would need to be a different steering wheel. I'm almost certain an A4 wheel wont fit well (or look right) in a GTI. :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
indeed^. just saying that there seems to be a difference between cars with paddle shifters - not all being DSG, and that just adding a steering wheel with paddles doesn't "give you DSG", haha.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....

There is a way to do it. There are a few 2010 AT Tiguan guys running around with paddles on MKV/VI steering wheels. They said it was just coding.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
There is a way to do it. There are a few 2010 AT Tiguan guys running around with paddles on MKV/VI steering wheels. They said it was just coding.

Dude that's awesome. Links? Maybe we can get the OP going on this.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Dude that's awesome. Links? Maybe we can get the OP going on this.

I'll look for them on lunch (I'm "working" right now). I found them when I was deciding whether to use an MKV GTI or MKVI GTI steering wheel on my Tiguan.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'll look for them on lunch (I'm "working" right now). I found them when I was deciding whether to use an MKV GTI or MKVI GTI steering wheel on my Tiguan.

Awesome sounds good. Hopefully the OP can have a reference to see if he wants to do it.

thygreyt

Racekor.
Thanks for your answer

But I'm reading that it need to have DSG(direct-shift gearbox)? like my first post, some are saying that there is DSG transmission, Tiptronic and manual (so 3 different) and some are saying that the DSG and tiptronic is merge (so only the automatic DSG Tiptronic and the manual). Is my automatic tiptronic (mk6) does have DSG? It's not clear

no.

you can have em and work them on a regular automatic (triptonic) vehicle.

you do not have to "wire into the manual mode" or anything.

just get the proper airbag harness, and highline modules and vag com.

its fairly simple.

AcADIeN

Passed Driver's Ed
no.

you can have em and work them on a regular automatic (triptonic) vehicle.

you do not have to "wire into the manual mode" or anything.

just get the proper airbag harness, and highline modules and vag com.

its fairly simple.

Thanks! Now I'm trying to find out what is a "highline modules" and I found http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/multifunction-display-VW.htm which talk about the MFC, is that what you call the highline modules? or it's something else?

Last edited: