Votes: 51 22.0%
  • 6 months to more than a year from purchase

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • never! i'm really lucky! lololololol

Votes: 97 41.8%

• Total voters

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I backed out into a spot next to a curb so I wouldn't have to park next to anyone and when I pulled out I turned too tight and smacked the curb. This was two weeks after i bought it. I was quoted $185 and was told it had to be put on lathe. Luckily (sorta)someone side swiped me a week later causing that wheel to hit a curb and now it's being replaced by there insurance. Glad I didn't pay to fix it.

This is my biggest fear.

5YR $500 wheel and tire insurance (that covers curb rash), FTW.

16plus4v

Ready to race!
This is my biggest fear.

5YR $500 wheel and tire insurance (that covers curb rash), FTW.

Are you sure it covers the rims too ? I bought this wear protection also. I'll have a look through the particulars. Sweet if it does lol

Geofux

Ready to race!
I never curbed a Detroit, but I did curb a Snowflake over a year after I bought the car.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Four days after I got the car. And one day after I returned the wheel warranty. Hit a pothole that destroyed my tire and gouged my rim.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
I had a 06 STI with BBS's a 10 STI with Enkeis and now my GTI and never once have I curbed a wheel. I did bend one of my Enkeis but that was the fault of a large pothole + epic Tokyo drift.

slackin via taptalk

GTI2012

Ready to race!
Serron Wheel Rash

Curbed my Serron 6 weeks into owning the car. Pulled into a space in the city and brushed a square curb. Unfortunately the curb had some chunks broken out of it, one sharp edge of which brushed (and gouged up) my front wheel. This car is deceptively wide (3 " wider than my old one). Also, these wheels are a perfect storm for damage. No protective rib on wheel edge or tire, or "bulge" to the sidewall and a machined finish that can't be easily fixed. I had to send it out to California to be remachined (2 weeks). These are the first wheels I've ever damaged with a curb.
I know the ideal is to not brush a curb, but reality's a b*tch!

_grey

Curbed my wheel at the carwash in downtown Springfield a month in. First time lining up on that place's track.

lol are you talking about Wash Fair right beside the Dunkin Donuts? coz i curbed my driver side wheels trying to pull in on the track...the dude at the entrance didnt direct me correctly! >.<

McQueen77

Banned
2 out of the 4 are curbed. oh well. minor curbage, but curbed nonetheless. bums me out but if i really want to fix them, people are selling detroits for like $100 a pop or just get them refinished. definitely a bummer but if i had bought really expensive VMRs or something and curbed them, jesus, i would lose it.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I backed out into a spot next to a curb so I wouldn't have to park next to anyone and when I pulled out I turned too tight and smacked the curb. This was two weeks after i bought it. I was quoted $185 and was told it had to be put on lathe. Luckily (sorta)someone side swiped me a week later causing that wheel to hit a curb and now it's being replaced by there insurance. Glad I didn't pay to fix it.

It's funny that is EXACTLY what I did. I park inches from the curb most of the time but forgot this one morning after PT to pull out further before turning and crunch!

I never curbed my detroits, waited until I had my new VMR 701s powdercoated then I curbed one! Only good thing is that they are flat black tex so I just hit them with some flat balck krylon and you cant even tell, lol. I almost cried when it happened. I was furious. I got over it once I painted the scratch.

JP

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Had the car for 8 months and still scuff free. I am paranoid about my distance from any curb I park up against especially considering how careless I was with my old car.

Fordson

Ready to race!
Well, neither of my current cars has any curb rash - can't positively say before that - too long ago - but that means as of now I have not curbed any wheel in over 120,000 miles of driving.

What the hell are you people doing?

Shifty6

Ready to race!
It took me over 200,000 miles and 6 years before it even nicked one on my passat. Of course it was on snow and I was "drifting" into the dealer lot...where did that ice come from?

naturally it took the Firestone shop about 32 seconds.

Nothing on the GTI. Do people not realize it is OK to park away from the curb? there should be plenty of room.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
2000 mi. I got the right rear. Then I got the right rear again, right after the first rotation. Neither was bad, small scuffs. No more since then. I'm close to 15000 mi.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2