GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When can I expect to see 0% financing again?

zr0z

Passed Driver's Ed
I held off this month and missed out on the 0% financing just because I'm still not completely sold on the GTI (getting there!). I'm just curious if 0% financing has a history of occurring during certain times of the year with VW or if it is completely random.

While I understand the past month's 0% financing just ended... Does anyone have a clue on when it will happen again? My credit is quite good and I don't think I should have a problem qualifying and that will pretty much be when I'd want to get a vehicle. I'm not really in a rush.

EDIT: Might as well add what I'll be buying should I go with the GTI... White 4 door w/ 6 speed :)

GmanGTI

I think it got extended until the end of August. I saw it at both the VW and the Darcars VW site while I was browsing their inventory.

zr0z

Passed Driver's Ed
I think it got extended until the end of August. I saw it at both the VW and the Darcars VW site while I was browsing their inventory.

Thats weird, I am looking at VW's site and Heritage/Mileone and not seeing anything. VW has a 1.99% CPO special but that is it... The 0% isn't listed under "Special offers" on VW's site like it was for the past month or so. If it DOES continue into August I could very well have a GTI in my driveway by the end of the month!

JhnR

Banned
probably once in 4 years

zr0z

Passed Driver's Ed
Go to darcars vw and browse their Inventory of GTIs. They mention it there.

Found it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ... 2012 GTI @ same payments as accord (extended by 12 months or so) with $200 cheaper per year insurance???? Oh yeah!

zr0z

Passed Driver's Ed
You lucky, mine will go up $300 per year if I go with the two door or $240 with the 4 door

I got a quote through Geico on the GTI and a few other cars a couple of days ago and it ended up being $200 less per year than what I am currently paying for the same coverage w/ Allstate. Allstate wanted nearly $1500 more than the Accord PER YEAR on a 2012 4 door GTI. Absolutely insane. I'm willing to bet the Accord is much cheaper with Geico as well but I didn't bother to get it quoted. Mazdaspeed3 was also much, much less with Geico. Civic SI and FRS (<- that one is much more curiosity than desire to own) ended up being around the same as Allstate.

GmanGTI

Thanks, I am going to check them out. Allstate is always expensive.
If you do go to darcars, ask for Uri. He is a good guy. Good luck with your purchase. Hopefully I'll have one too by the end of this month.

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
What kind of deal did you get at Darcar? I have been working with Heritage in Parkville and they don't want to give me any kind of deal. They also like to try and keep everything a secret (trade value, sale price of car, etc) and just sell me on a monthly payment. Not happening.

zr0z

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of deal did you get at Darcar? I have been working with Heritage in Parkville and they don't want to give me any kind of deal. They also like to try and keep everything a secret (trade value, sale price of car, etc) and just sell me on a monthly payment. Not happening.

That is disappointing, Every other Heritage I've gone to has given me decent deals... The Mazdaspeed3 I looked at was under invoice off the bat without me even asking. Financing brought it way over the GTI prices I am looking at.

VW.com is saying "0% APR on all 2012 Gas models, including Passat." Seems like that should include the GTI.

It wasn't up last night which led me to believe it was done and over.

GmanGTI

Heritage wanted $22k + tax, tags, freight and other fees for a base two door 6sp GTI with Mat kit (MSRP $25K). Darcars was going to offer me $22K (freight included) + tax etc but with out the mat kit, but they were going to get the car from another dealer. The other dealers wanted me to come in and talk about price etc.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
0% financing has been extended through the end of August on 2012 gas models.