GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf MK6 2.0 TSI 1/4 Mile Thread

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Were you still starting at 13.5 psi? Did you try higher pressure?

Yea on saturday i tried 15-14psi with no track prep.

On wednesday started around 14.5 and drop to 13.5 with desent track prep.

I thinking about running a 26-7/17 slick which is about the same size of my drag radial setup. Im just worried about hurting my trans and so on.

Some people say i wont have wheels hop like i do with drag radials and she will hook like a dream. with less stress on trans other say it will hurt the axels and bla bla bla. But ima get them and if i can cut low 1.8 consistently on a soft to medium launch ill keep them.

What do you drag race guys think?

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Yea on saturday i tried 15-14psi with no track prep.

On wednesday started around 14.5 and drop to 13.5 with desent track prep.

I thinking about running a 26-7/17 slick which is about the same size of my drag radial setup. Im just worried about hurting my trans and so on.

Some people say i wont have wheels hop like i do with drag radials and she will hook like a dream. with less stress on trans other say it will hurt the axels and bla bla bla. But ima get them and if i can cut low 1.8 consistently on a soft to medium launch ill keep them.

What do you drag race guys think?

When my Hoosiers wear out I'm going to the m&h slicks. If I did my math right they should be good for about 4mph headroom over the 225/45/17's at 6500 in 4th.
I think they will shock everything less than the drag radials.
Looking forward to getting back to 1/4 mile, but that won't be till at least the 19th of this month. 1/2 mile wannagofast event on the 12th is priority right now.
Good runs BTW! Keep em coming.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
When my Hoosiers wear out I'm going to the m&h slicks. If I did my math right they should be good for about 4mph headroom over the 225/45/17's at 6500 in 4th.
I think they will shock everything less than the drag radials.
Looking forward to getting back to 1/4 mile, but that won't be till at least the 19th of this month. 1/2 mile wannagofast event on the 12th is priority right now.
Good runs BTW! Keep em coming.

Thanks bro. Yea man slicks might be the way to go. I love the hoosier but with those, U have to get it right each time to cut a good 60 foot. Hoosier are good for 1.9 all day long but i want to cut 1.8 and low 1.8 more consistently and hoosier anit gonna cut it. With slicks im sure Ill even hit a 1.7 once or twice but im sure i would need LSD do that more consistently.

But for now I think im gonna chill for a while prob tell about october when it starts to cool down. But im happy with a 12.0@115 in this hot a$$ state lol. With downtime im going to replace some suspension parts, seeing car has seen track time alot and has 113k on it. Im sure old bushing and so on need to be replaced. Might help with better launches also :thumbsup:

And hurry up and hit track i wanna see what other are doing and can do :thumbup::thumbup:

Gti207

Ready to race!
13.85 at 99mph
Apr Stage 1, Carbonio, dsg, stock all seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gti207

Ready to race!
Thanks, the track was pretty sticky.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!

13.77 @ 104.12MPH

Mods in Sig.

First time I've run this car, was learning the launch and how the car behaved. I'm going again soon so should have better times. Track was moderately sticky but I couldn't really hook till 3rd. I was launching at 2000rpm with launch control on DSG.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Nice!

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie

13.77 @ 104.12MPH

Mods in Sig.

First time I've run this car, was learning the launch and how the car behaved. I'm going again soon so should have better times. Track was moderately sticky but I couldn't really hook till 3rd. I was launching at 2000rpm with launch control on DSG.

Cant see your slip, what was your 60ft?

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Cant see your slip, what was your 60ft?

Terrible... lol

If I can knock that down I'll get a much better time. I'm sure the car can do 13.3 or 13.4 easy. The trap speeds would indicate I have healthy power there... All night I was hitting at least 104-105mph traps...

gustkiller

Ready to race!

gustkiller

Ready to race!