GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 2 vs gt500 cobra clone

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
So on saturday night i raced a friend of a friend.

He has a 2009 gt500 cobra clone. it has FULL boltons excluding headers which is his next mod. hes got intake, catback, all spacers, diablosport tune, 4.10 gears (short gearing), and other uknown mods. he was also running nitto 555r drag radials with a nice tall tire.
both cars had a driver and passenger.

check my mods in my sig. races were on 93 octane.

heres the race from 20.

http://youtu.be/kPe5JTNk160

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
someone please embed the vid i dont know how to!

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
when you say clone, was it just a GT with all the GT500 badges/body kit, or did he have a supercharger?

If he had a supercharger, I'm very impressed you stuck with him.

Clarkson

Ready to race!
Love the helpful co driver... Never go rallying with that guy

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
when you say clone, was it just a GT with all the GT500 badges/body kit, or did he have a supercharger?

If he had a supercharger, I'm very impressed you stuck with him.

no supercharger. its a 4.6 3valve motor with bolt ons and tuned.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
anyone would know that if this was a gt500 forreal a stage 2 gti wouldnt even be racing it. lol

Storch

Go Kart Champion
anyone would know that if this was a gt500 forreal a stage 2 gti wouldnt even be racing it. lol

dont lie, youd still race it lol because racekar

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
dont lie, youd still race it lol because racekar

hey if it was a gt500 and he misses a gear i still win :cool: becauseracecar

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
WTF is a GT500 clone? Just a regular 4.6 SOHC with bolt ons...?

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
A clone would mean it would have a supercharger - among other things. Otherwise it's just a GT with bolt ons lol.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Here in Miami we call it a fobra aka fake ass cobra. Lol but it's just a GT with bolt ons gears and tune. And a gt500 EXTERIOR conversion. U guys are sharks and I'm the guy bleeding in the water for using the wrong word fack!

I run a v8 with shit done and drag radials with my friggin golf from a 20 spinning like there's no tomorrow and thru the mighty power of the dsg am able to keep up and get no recognition!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
street cred FTW