GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Spin problem... Any ideas?

Beans114

Ready to race!
I'm now stage 1 , and when I put the pedal down in second gear, the wheels just want to spin instead of putting the power to the road . Any suggestions? Maybe lower the front of the car to minimize weight going to the back when under WOT?
Also, if there is nothing that can be done, does this mean going stage 2 is pointless since my mk6 already can't put the power to the street?
* I'm new to tuning and figuring this stuff out , so any help will be appreciated!

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
A toque mount insert helps quell wheel hop a lot if you are getting any, but tends to add a lot more vibrations. The best thing to truly increase traction is better tires. The factory all seasons blow and with a good summer tire it is a night and day difference.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Tires. The stock tires are terrible, I have excellent traction in 2nd now. 235/45/17

+1 on Torque Mount Insert. I can live with the vibes.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
I have the Neuspeed one... lots of people hate it because it does transmit lots.of vibes, I only really notice it in reverse when it really does start shaking. I can't speak for other ones, but there are softer options if you want less vibration.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Added torque from a tune causes the motor to twist more on the soft engine mounts. When you release the gas under high load, this causes the motor to bounce back and forth a bit. Consequentially, the shift linkage jumps around with it. If you're driving a manual gearbox you'll notice this.

The torque arm does a good job of sustaining motor movement at stock power levels, and the urethane insert will stiffen up the bushing where it sits within the sub frame. Do some research on this. Plenty of owners are tuned and don't have them, they do cause extra vibration, especially in reverse. I bought one from Neuspeed for $40. Other than slight vibes at idle with the a/c on, and in reverse (<.2% of time in car), it has proven to be the hardware change needed to smoothly apply the additional power to the road. The necessity for harsher engine mounts is the #2 reason I'll be uprating to k04 power only, with fuel economy being #1.

Last edited:

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
My dsg did it pretty bad in 2nd gear, it happens on both dsg and 6mt. I did the neuspeed insert and havnt noticed it anymore. But i do agree, there is a good bit of vibrations, especially in reverse. But i can live with it, its not too bad.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Out of curiousity, what type of tires did the car come equipped with?

CW12

Ready to race!
My stock Dunlop's spin with just a Magnaflow CBE which adds nothing...Getting my DP and APR Stage II Monday, so my power will be completely useless then.