GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR or Revo ... sell me

jrokami13

Ready to race!
So I'm going to be pulling the trigger on stage 1, 2 or 2+ in the next few weeks on APR or Revo. This thread will serve as APR's and/or Revo's opportunity to sell me. Bashing the other isn't going to cut it either. I have shops right next door that can service either need here in Dallas. Current setup is Magnaflow CBE and VWR intake. A downpipe is part of the tune process (already purchased and en route).

So, with these mods in mind, please wow me with tune reliability, supportability, manufacturer reliability and what makes your tune the better choice. If a HPFP upgrade is needed, please explain the reason your re-map needs it and at what point.

I'm not looking for the most power possible, but the most reliable power available. Lots of opinions back and forth, I'd like to hear directly from APR and Revo directly by post or PM.

Thanks.

I have had both GIAC and now I'm with APR. I hadn't heard anything great about REVO at the time I upgraded my ECU but I would not leave it up to APR or REVOunless that is all you can get in your area. I liked GIAC but there customer service is not the best. Like everyone has been saying, APR has the best customer service and support.

Actually getting ready to sell my GIAC program switcher thingy.

flug2012

Ready to race!
I just got tuned a couple of weeks ago with APR Stg 1 and so far love the way the car responds. Honestly with FWD it's more than enough power! I may do the DP and that's it... Traction wise the car is now at its limit! Any upgrade from here would be buying an R. Chose APR due to local service and their reliability.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
you dont see revo tryna earn you business in here do you? lol. apr just because they got ur back when you fuck shit up :thumbsup:

Stifun

Ready to race!
I've had an APR Stage 2+ tune on my car and I love it! ;)

ruan9n

Ready to race!
I have had Revo and now have APR. I would go APR again. My APR Edition 35 makes about 30whp more than a REVO Edition 35. A local APR Golf R with stage 2+ has run a 11.6 1/4 mile. I also found that reliability with APR is excellent.

Is it not possible that the revo ed35 had lower BTF settings than what the APR one has? I had revo on my 5 and revo on my 6. No issues over here and with my mk5 I won almost every dyno event I entered with in. Had a full bolt on 2+ k03 with wmi and s3 cooler, itg intake everything revo recomended.

turboteig

Passed Driver's Ed
I have owned a 2008 Rabbit, 2011 GTI, and just traded for a 2013 Golf R, and let me say the only tune I will put in my cars is APR. Haven't gotten the R tuned yet (only 350 miles on her) but the other 2 both had APR and I love how user friendly they are as well as upgradable. :thumbsup:

snowboardgti

Ready to race!
does anyone know if APR will have their sale at socal euro? and has anyone delt with GIAC on their customer service?

My_Fly_Gti1

Ready to race!
I had APR stage 2 but it only took Black Forest Industries 3x to get the shit installed right. First they told me that it was stage 2 and the paperwork said stage 1 and insisted that stage 2 was on there and that the paperwork was wrong. I called apr and verified with them that stage 1 was installed not stage 2. Went back and had them put in stage 2. Got home and checked out the features (Full ECU Holiday Special) and they didnt install all the features. Drove down there and asked if the full ECU special also included the anti-theft and was told "I don't think so". I don't think so? I get on my Iphone and pull up the APR website and there it is plain as day Full ECU = Everything. I go back in and reflash for the 3rd time. Drove it for a week returned to BFI and told them to remove the software and refund my money because it didn't feel right. Called up Revo and spoke to the GM Gary explained what happened. He offered me $100 off their Stage 2 software (Expired holiday special) and called up my local installer to verify the price drop. I see no problems with their customer service and Revo pulls harder. I've had their software for about 40k miles and no issues.

My_Fly_Gti1

Ready to race!
Mikey_g,

Reliability is our first and formost concern with the products we make. We currently race in a professional motorsport series called Grand Am and have done so on the FSI motor starting in 2008. This is a test platfor for us to figure out the limits of the motor in the most grueling environments so we can make sure we're not leaving a lot of power on the table but also not making a product that will harm your motor.

Fortunately you're a bit lucky with the golf R.

The Rods are strong. The pistons are strong and the turbo is strong!

So, here's the upgrade path I'd take.

First, the Stage 1 ECU upgrade. It will work well with the VWR intake and catback exhaust.

Next add the APR high pressure fuel pump and pick up the FREE APR stage 1+ ECU upgrade.

After that, add the APR high flow downpipe, and pick up the FREE APR Stage 2+ software.

If you're looking for map switching, do know we're testing it on our Golf R right now. : )

Next I'd look into upgrading to the larger APR Intercooler system.

After that, If you don't want to go big turbo, we'll have a new runner flap delete mod that should pick up more power, is made by APR and and will have matching software. We'll be testing that soon for stage 2+ customers.

If you do want to go with a big turbo down the line, our new turbo system is about to be released. It's using a GTX2867R turbo and is safe for the factory rods. IT only uses high quality materials. No skimping and the price reflects that!

Up next would be the runner flap delete added on top of the stage 3 system.

And beyond that, we are going to offer head porting.

And a step beyond, we have fully built motors.

The future is bright! : )

One thing you should be aware of, we offer software and matching hardware for all of the products we offer. And these products are made by APR. So you don't need to mix and match other modifications together. We do have a partnership with Volkswagen Racing UK for other suspension hardware, intakes and a few other parts and we share a facility with them in the UK.

All in all, we have support for you every step of the way. You can't go wrong. :)

Go APR!

CHA CHING!!!!