GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zillon's United Grey Build - '13 GTI

colslaw87

Ready to race!
Beautiful mods. I love your before and after LED tails photos ... very nice!

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Your pictures are great! What's next on the list of mods?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Your pictures are great! What's next on the list of mods?

Thanks man.

Trying to tackle my parts pile first before I order anything else; I've got the Neuspeed 25mm RSB and S3 short shifter to install yet. Hoping to tackle both of those this weekend if the weather's nice enough.

Next up on my want list will probably be DG springs w/Koni yellows & TT strut mounts. Still pricing stuff out, I'm going to give my local dealer a call and see just how good my parts hookup is versus Keffer VW's prices on the DG springs. I also need to look into sourcing a set of color-matched side markers; not sure what I'm going to do about those yet

I also want to do a set of Ed's headlights so I can do a HID conversion, but I think the suspension bits will happen first.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I only got about a half in drop on my DGs..can't say I recommend them.

I don't want a huge amount of drop, my car sits lower than most, strangely enough. I just want to eliminate the majority of the wheel gap AND improve handling. Not a huge fan of the softer rates on the VWR springs or the reverse rake.

As an alternative, I have been contemplating the H&R touring cup kit, even though it has progressive springs. I would prefer a matched spring/damper set, and the price isn't bad, either.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
^^^Glad they're taking care of you...its OEM correct?

I'll be making sure of that when I drop it off. I would think so, considering that VWoA is paying for the repair, and it's not an insurance claim by me or the dealer.

Regardless, they are at least taking care of it, no questions asked, and I'll get a loaner for a couple days. Can't argue with that. :thumbsup:

Wish I got this kind of treatment from Ford with my Focus.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Dropped the GTI off to get the windshield replaced tonight; should have it back by Wednesday after letting it sit to let the adhesive set. Got a '13 Passat SE loaner... not that impressed. The old Passat was a wonderful car. This one, not so much.

Also ordered my DG springs while I was at the dealer. They gave me a $50 DriversGear certificate, and they're allowing me to put it towards the springs. So, $182 with tax. Not too shabby.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Driver Gear springs acquired. Just filed my federal and state returns, now it's a waiting game so I can pick up some Bilstein B8s and the associated hardware to pair them with.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to get out and shoot some photos last night, and of course it decided to turn into a blizzard mid-shoot.

This is the only one I got in before I had to pack it in and head for home.