GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 R Pricing...what to expect

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
so im bringing in the TDI for its 30k service within the next week. im going to talk to the salesman that sold me the TDI and see if he can get me into something faster than the TDI. but i will only go for it if i can keep my same monthly payment. will not go $1 higher. i guess we'll see.

Always possible. You can do that with an R8 too if you have enough down payment. :)

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Always possible. You can do that with an R8 too if you have enough down payment. :)

well my monthly payment is pretty steep that is why i say that. i pay probably more than most people here.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
well my monthly payment is pretty steep that is why i say that. i pay probably more than most people here.

Gotcha.

In the end it's going to depend on what you owe on your trade and what it's worth (or what they say they will pay for it). If you're rolling over negative equity it's pretty much impossible to go up in car and keep the payment the same unless you pay it off.

razorlab

Passed Driver's Ed
so im bringing in the TDI for its 30k service within the next week. im going to talk to the salesman that sold me the TDI and see if he can get me into something faster than the TDI. but i will only go for it if i can keep my same monthly payment. will not go $1 higher. i guess we'll see.

I went from a 2013 TDI that I had for maybe three months before I was bored to tears. Also owning a 500hp Evo 8 and a 400hp Lancer Ralliart Sportback, I have a skewed perspective. The TDI was slow as balls. Bought a 2013 R and haven't looked back.

You probably already know, but buying a car based on monthly payments is a great way to pay too much.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha.

In the end it's going to depend on what you owe on your trade and what it's worth (or what they say they will pay for it). If you're rolling over negative equity it's pretty much impossible to go up in car and keep the payment the same unless you pay it off.

Yeah I think it's worth exactly what I owe I'm not too sure. Ill find out next Friday lol.

I went from a 2013 TDI that I had for maybe three months before I was bored to tears. Also owning a 500hp Evo 8 and a 400hp Lancer Ralliart Sportback, I have a skewed perspective. The TDI was slow as balls. Bought a 2013 R and haven't looked back.

You probably already know, but buying a car based on monthly payments is a great way to pay too much.

Yeah I thought I was paying too much when I got the TDI at first but I mke more money now so it's not THAT bad. Yeah the car is kinda slow but I do like the torque it has.

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
Why aren't they selling like hotcakes out west? Gas prices?

I would guess that a lot of us local enthusiasts already bought our R's when they first came out, so that was the profitable segment of the market.

After that prices had to drop to move the inventory. I'm somewhat surprised that my local dealers ordered so many R's...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I would guess that a lot of us local enthusiasts already bought our R's when they first came out, so that was the profitable segment of the market.

After that prices had to drop to move the inventory. I'm somewhat surprised that my local dealers ordered so many R's...

Yeah, I think they over estimated the demand for them and took a lot of the allocation thinking since it was the last year there would be a run on them.

Another factor may be that even though car prices have been rising, there is a large portion of the population that can't understand paying so much for "a hatchback".

I've heard this 3 times in the last week myself from friends/family. When I ask them what they would counter with, they can't come up with much that isn't $10k+ more when you option it out close to the R.