GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lease ends in 11 months. Seeking Suggestions

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
My GTI lease wraps up at the end of Dec. 2013.
Unfortunately, there will be no MK7 here in North America at that time - if there was, I would roll right into one.

So, I'm entertaining suggestions.
I want to stay with VW - or the Audi A3 Sportback should that come around in time and at a reasonable price.

My options:

Buy my GTI this requires a loan of about $16,000. It's Shadow Blue, and only has 10K miles on it in 25 months.

Buy my GTI and trade it in for a MK7 when the 7 shows up.

Lease a CC, which will have less rear seat room (for my now 11 year old twin boys) and cargo capacity than my GTI.

I'd like to hear from you, I've got almost a year to entertain suggestions...
I should add that I'm looking to hover at no higher than a sub 35K price point.

Thanks!

Lease another MK6 GTI.

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
Keep it

I'd keep it, you'll have like 14k miles on it at your rate. Trade it in for mk7 if you're really impressed but unless u drive more I'd just keep driving the mk6.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
the only car i would be considering is the TDI, other than that not many other cars will give you a decently fun ride and give you all the accommodations you want like a nice interior & plenty of space. (hence why we're all here in the first place lol)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
11 months? :laugh: That's sooooooo long from now. Wait until there is about a month left and then reconsider .

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
I say try the CC... i love those cars! Nice step from the gti too!

My dad has a CC ('10 sport model, I believe) and while it's a nice car, I definitely prefer my GTI to it. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I like it better for is the trunk space.

I would keep it for now and then reconsider when the MK7 comes out. You may find that you'll still want to keep it then too.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I'd buy the GTI and keep driving it until Mk7 is available. Then test drive it and see how you feel and how the numbers look, and go from there. That is like 2 years from now, you might want a Routan by then :lol:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I say try the CC... i love those cars! Nice step from the gti too!

Yeah, I could probably get in a CC lease for around the same rate as my GTI lease.
My only reservations about the CC is that it's tighter in the back seat (and cargo hold) than the GTI, and they're very common in my town.
I like the relative exclusivity of the GTI.
Still, I'm going to have to size up a CC, sit in the back seat - give one a drive.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I'd buy the GTI and keep driving it until Mk7 is available. Then test drive it and see how you feel and how the numbers look, and go from there. That is like 2 years from now, you might want a Routan by then :lol:

This route leaves me the question of what my monthly payment would be if I buy my car.
I don't really want to pay more than I am paying now monthly only to be driving a car off warranty.
The pros are that my GTI has such low mileage, I love the Shadow Blue, and I wouldn't mind lightly modding; I'd go stage 1, and maybe an exhaust, maybe summer tires & snow tires.

Oh, my wife drives a CRV - so I'm spared the Routan! :yikes:
Actually my kids love mini vans from the inside anyway.

boosted27

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I could probably get in a CC lease for around the same rate as my GTI lease.
My only reservations about the CC is that it's tighter in the back seat (and cargo hold) than the GTI, and they're very common in my town.
I like the relative exclusivity of the GTI.
Still, I'm going to have to size up a CC, sit in the back seat - give one a drive.

Very good point! I remember my dad almost bought a CC R-Line 3.6 4motion when I bought my GTI. Car was simply amazing...big size trunk, back seat is head banger for anyone over 6 feet..other then that.. he would of been very happy, im sure.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Depends on the loan terms, but you could certainly work it out to be about the same as your current payment or less.

I plan to buy out my lease in around a year too, then drive the GTI until I decide what's next - probably something more expensive though in my case, I like wasting money :lol:

legandrex

Ready to race!
Thought about that one, but I want DSG.
(urban commuting, shuttling kids to school etc.)

I understand...if I had to deal with traffic in my commute I doubt I would have manual. A few times I have dealt with Chicago rush hour I always make the comment that no way would I have a manual if I had to deal with that weekly.