GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion

tBass84

Ready to race!
I installed them on my golf, I believe I used a DIY for a rabbit. It probably only took about a half hour. Hardest part was determining where it plugs in at.

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=964370

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh interesting! Looks like the connector from Bold Sport illuminates a couple of steps. Waiting for them to come in [emoji3] I'll give an update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonnysChillCousin

Ready to race!
Oh interesting! Looks like the connector from Bold Sport illuminates a couple of steps. Waiting for them to come in [emoji3] I'll give an update!

You aren't going to get anything from bold sport. They are no longer active since 2014. I strongly recommend you open a claim with your bank, right away, or even today, because you just gave your money away. Don't bother contacting bold sport because they don't exist anymore. You are probably one of the many others who keep sending in money to their account.

BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BOLD SPORT.

tBass84

Ready to race!
You aren't going to get anything from bold sport. They are no longer active since 2014. I strongly recommend you open a claim with your bank, right away, or even today, because you just gave your money away. Don't bother contacting bold sport because they don't exist anymore. You are probably one of the many others who keep sending in money to their account.

Interesting that I ordered my Auto Light + Switch from them in Sept last year + delivery within 5 days. I also just got shipping confirmation for my order from 3 days ago.

What makes you think they don't exist, who is sending me parts then?!

efa5

Ready to race!
Interesting that I ordered my Auto Light + Switch from them in Sept last year + delivery within 5 days. I also just got shipping confirmation for my order from 3 days ago.

What makes you think they don't exist, who is sending me parts then?!

:laugh:

tBass84

Ready to race!

Hmmmm, I gotta say I was a little worried after that response lol

But BoldSport came through fast, on time and always trackable [emoji3]

Not too sure what made you think they are out of business. Glad I didn't call my bank lol

JonnysChillCousin

Ready to race!
Ricky doesn't run boldsport anymore. I did many group buys with him. The domain isn't secure, it's expired. I called him and he no longer has service on that line. I looked up my resource from Shenzhen and they said it's run by another vendor. Alot of people complained on their facebook page as well, saying they got missing items, or no response. You can buy any of the items on their store from ebay reseller from north america much faster and around the same price.

I was just trying to help you out. Glad you got your items, but i wouldn't trust a website that hasnt had encryption since 2014. I could probably hack their database if I tried to.

tBass84

Ready to race!
Thanks man! I appreciate the honesty and context! Saw their FB profile and concur with the lack of communication with them. Tried to add another item with a couple of e-mails, but no response to date. So at this stage I got parcel one, but waiting on the second one. Appreciate the heads up and looks like a few people got problems.

I'm curious how this turns out... It's been fine for me so far! Thanks again!

Average 2.5

I have had an issue come up several times now, and I would like to see if anyone else dealt with this and knows a solution. Under hard acceleration with my ASR off sometimes my car will not go over 4k in first and second gear. It only happens for a short time. Any Ideas?

davserbic

Ready to race!
Don't get the TDI ones, that would mean needing new airbags too. Do GTI/GLI/R ones, it's the same airbag.

Peter

Thats good advice. What about having functional buttons on the steering wheel? Is there anything else that needs to be installed? Ive taken out the old ass cd player that came in the mk5's and now have a RCD-510. Bluetooth and telephone work with the headunit.

gugu1981

Passed Driver's Ed
Thats good advice. What about having functional buttons on the steering wheel? Is there anything else that needs to be installed? Ive taken out the old ass cd player that came in the mk5's and now have a RCD-510. Bluetooth and telephone work with the headunit.

I didn't look into retrofitting buttons. I think it's clockspring and vagcom coding. But not sure.

Peter

Alen

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys, i am 500 miles away from hitting 60k on my car and looking to find out what are the things to watch out for and replace when i go into the dealership. I feel like they would hit me with a hefty bill and I'm trying to avoid that. I have changed my brakes and rotated my brand new tires just last week. So all I'm really looking at is the oil change, air filter, cabin air filter, anything else i am missing?

Also, my ac is not working at all. I do have heat flowing through but no ac. I don't think ill have dealership fixing this but has anyone had this issue before?