GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Rear Subframe Collar Kit

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Hyde have you had a chance to put down your driving impressions yet? I'm thinking about doing this and the Unibrace RB to finish up the rear bracing.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hyde have you had a chance to put down your driving impressions yet? I'm thinking about doing this and the Unibrace RB to finish up the rear bracing.

In all honesty while it was very hard to realize a difference in feel I am more than happy knowing that it completes my chassis/subframes. With the front and rear subframe kits and sway bars everything is connected which translates to fun turns. I highly recommend it and will have a group buy up shortly for all kits.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
You're hosting the GB? Do you know if it'll be up before the end of the month? I would definitely be interested if you offered them with the OEM bolts.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
In all honesty while it was very hard to realize a difference in feel I am more than happy knowing that it completes my chassis/subframes. With the front and rear subframe kits and sway bars everything is connected which translates to fun turns. I highly recommend it and will have a group buy up shortly for all kits.

Great. Another item I need to put start putting money aside for :D

Can't wait!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
You're hosting the GB? Do you know if it'll be up before the end of the month? I would definitely be interested if you offered them with the OEM bolts.

Great. Another item I need to put start putting money aside for :D

Can't wait!

GB is 100% a go and will run from May 1st through the 15th. Stay tuned for details. Will post the links here and on my other reviews!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Copied from their Vortex threads / posts:

We would like to announce that we have recently launched our
GROUP BUY: TyrolSport Master Brake Cylinder Bracket Group Buy and 10% Off Sale

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I don't understand what the flat nut head collar does... I can see that the collar that goes between the frame and the subframe centres the placement of the bolt, but the part next to the bolts head just seems to act as a washer... No centring...

Please explain.

i see the same thing. makes no sense to me. nothing is being centered. maybe the bolt into the subframe itself.. but then nothing centers the subframe unit to the main frame. i can't see anything that this is doing. since it is missing that tiny collar on top which would center into the main frame.

You are correct, it acts as a washer. All of the centering is done by the top collar in this instance. We made the top collar deeper so that it would take up the "slack" and the bottom collar would only help the bolt head sit flush to the subframe. The subframe at the bolt head location is not perfectly flat. The Bronze Alloy allows it to better conform to the surface for better fastening. :thumbsup:

i just dont see it. having the collar deeper into the subframe bar itself seems to do nothing for centering the entire subframe into the frame.

I found two sources that said to tighten the rear subframe bolts to 82 ft/lbs of torque or 66 ft/lbs + 1/4 turn..

I have to disagree with this lateral equation, as I have confirmed different results. With a torque setting of 52 ft lbs + 1/4 turn, the final torque is already greater than 82 ft lbs. (As tested in the front install I did.) So if this rear torque spec is 66 + 1/4, that would put the final stand alone torque a lot higher than 82 ft lbs. More like 90-95 ft lbs. It doesn't match up.

I guess these bolts arent the same as the Audi bolts I never got to use.. even more bolts to buy. my rear kit is on the way.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
FWIW I contacted Tyrolsport and inquired if the locking collars are reusable if you drop the subframe and they confirmed that yes, they are in fact reusable.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
you can bet anyone that tried that to get like $100 back or swap them over would probably end up stripping out their subframe and have a huge headache on their hands. they aint worth removing at all, considering the cheap cost and risks involved.

thegave

Ready to race!
Does anyone know whether the rear deadset kit fixes the uneven wheel offset that a lot of people complained about?

dopedpanda

Ready to race!
Only thing im worried about with this, is the possibility of galvanic reaction, cause of the dissimilar materials? (stamped/cast iron on floor pan and the c954 bronze aluminium alloy) The galvanic table states that this should be a reason for concern and is not recommended or did i miss something? Im living in denmark (a great deal of snow and salt and mostly wet/damp 200 days a year) so corrosion is a factor for me, would be great if we could have a statement from tyrolsport what research they have made into this, and why they didn´t choose a more similar metal to that of the body?

Does anyone know whether the rear deadset kit fixes the uneven wheel offset that a lot of people complained about?

It might do, it depends on how bad your suspension is centeret at this moment, you could potentially "risk" it doesn´t move at all. It could also move to the worse or get better. No matter what, it still locks the rear suspension down at what it should be, and there after you can look into whats wrong (most likely not alot you can do about it)