GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ko4 GTI vs 430whp Trans Am

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
It's been a long time since i've posted a thread in the vs forum i've been MIA, but i'm back lol weather has finally started to get warmer again. I raced my buddies trans am. To be honest I was surprised how hard I pulled on him once my car shifted into 3rd gear, it's crazy to think that just a ko4 GTI can pull so hard on 400+whp cars (I've raced my other friends G8 GT with 410whp) Anyways I made a video of his car before we raced so you get to see what it looks like, and then we did two pulls first one from 40mph and then the second one from 30mph(i spun a bit) and in the second race my buddy with the 335i is also in it for those that might be curious. and then last video is just a fun clip of my buddies g8 gt exhaust damn it sounds sexy! enjoy guys.

Trans Am mods: Comp cam, ls6 intake, long tube heads, rebuilt top end, welded subframes, Hotchkis Sport Suspension ,control arms, lowering springs, trailing arms, shocks..and more 430whp

My mods: in signature

His TransAm

Race from 40mph

Race from 30mph

G8 GT highway exhaust clip 70mph pull

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Wow! Nice runs. I'm guessing his "430rwhp" might be a bit inflated but who knows.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Wow! Nice runs. I'm guessing his "430rwhp" might be a bit inflated but who knows.

Thanks and no he had a dyno sheet to prove it lol I was just surprised because I expected a closer race his car runs mid to low 12s in the 1/4mile. He wants to race me again from 20 ill try to get that on video also.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
You're still running on the v1.2 and not the 2.0 K04 file? If so, go get reflashed to the new version and surprise him even more. :)

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Something seems amiss here. There is a guy locally here with very similar mods and he claims 420whp, and his trans am on drag radials runs in the mid 11s@117+ MPH. The dude is actually cripple, so its an auto(high stall torque convertor) with hand controls, but boy does this thing roll out hard. I just dont see a K04 putting a bus on a 400+whp v8. Thats like putting a bus on a LS3 Vette which us k04 guys cant do..... Did he perhaps miss a shift? Sorry to be so skeptical.

Edit:Seemed like the stock(?) 335i kept up with him as well?

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Something seems amiss here. There is a guy locally here with very similar mods and he claims 420whp, and his trans am on drag radials runs in the mid 11s@117+ MPH. The dude is actually cripple, so its an auto(high stall torque convertor) with hand controls, but boy does this thing roll out hard. I just dont see a K04 putting a bus on a 400+whp v8. Thats like putting a bus on a LS3 Vette which us k04 guys cant do..... Did he perhaps miss a shift? Sorry to be so skeptical.

Yea I know I'm not trying to make my car seem faster than what it is but that's what happened. And my buddies 335i is stage 1 dinan with afe twintake. Could be the driver, my friend has been driving manuals for the past 2 years so I think he should be more than capable of driving his car, but it's hard to keep up with DSG shifts, you see it a lot coming in to play on the second video where once my car shift to 3rd I pull on him hard. Don't worry we are racing again from 20 next time.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
You're still running on the v1.2 and not the 2.0 K04 file? If so, go get reflashed to the new version and surprise him even more. :)

I am running the latest software I thought it was called 1.2 previous was 1.0 unless there is a newer one called 2.0 idk? I have the reflash that says it does 366hp from APRs website. I need to get my car properly dynoed to see what I'm pushing hp wise.

Edit now it says 356hp on their website? Wtf APR??

Stifun

Ready to race!
Is the Trans Am Auto w/stall? Or a 6 speed?

Choking_Victim

Ready to race!
Something is up here heads cam full bolt on ls1...ko4 shouldn't have been enough . You state he is mid to low 12s that's high 1 teens traps speeds with a shit short time. Do ko4s now do mid to basement 12's?

Choking_Victim

Ready to race!

THIS haha if the guy who has ran 12.38 in his gti is concerned as well something ain't right. I think TSiUG is the exception not the norm for a ko4 car in my opinion. 12.38 is legit for a little hatch cheers to you.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I am running the latest software I thought it was called 1.2 previous was 1.0 unless there is a newer one called 2.0 idk? I have the reflash that says it does 366hp from APRs website. I need to get my car properly dynoed to see what I'm pushing hp wise.

Edit now it says 356hp on their website? Wtf APR??

Okay, yeah then you're running the V2.0.

sick12gti

Ready to race!
Well I bet the trans am was running stock gears which would be crap on his part if he had 3.73 or 4.10 it would be over with.