GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

300- 330whp civic vs Stage 3 gti 350-360whp

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I would too. Thing is, for what I spent on the car plus mods, I could've had a turbo s2k and a good chunk of change left to spend on a week long tour of the Zona Norte in Tijuana. oh well, I'll get around to owning an s2k someday.
God it kills me to think about that lol

PuYang

Ready to race!
I dunno... I wouldn't Turbo s2000. Not saying it should never be, but its so... perfect as it is!! Throw on new wheels and tires, maybe hard top and its done. Suspension, looks, performance = all perfect ;D! (fanboy lol).

I like the Civic SI seats. Kinda over the top, but atleast you feel sporty with those red SI letters ;D For some reason though, I can't appreciate the position of the shifter. Feels too far for my short arms lol.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I dunno... I wouldn't Turbo s2000. Not saying it should never be, but its so... perfect as it is!! Throw on new wheels and tires, maybe hard top and its done. Suspension, looks, performance = all perfect ;D! (fanboy lol).

I like the Civic SI seats. Kinda over the top, but atleast you feel sporty with those red SI letters ;D For some reason though, I can't appreciate the position of the shifter. Feels too far for my short arms lol.
It's far from perfect, have you driven one? Way too slow in a straight line for my taste.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
^ On my way back from NV recently there was an s2k with a single exit exhaust and some wheels on a caravan with an Evo X. The s2k would downshift and bang out 2 gears every once in a while up hills and baaarely look like it was even moving. I just scooted past in 6th gear when the time was right :p

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"At the end of the day, it's still a volkswagen". That's the funny thing I've noticed about a lot of VW drivers. They are under the illusion, for whatever reason, that they are driving some sort of luxury vehicle.

Well somebody knows how to troll. :clap:

I have much less respect for Civic's in general because I believe there are way more idiots who think they have fast cars who drive them. I know there are INSANELY fast civics out there and I have much respect for them. I speak of the ones with fart can exhausts, big spoilers, bodykits, rims, and cone filter intakes that make noise and do nothing.

Your response to my comment amuses me since you seem to obviously be a Honda fanboy on a VW forum. :thumbdown: Yes I think my GTI is more luxurious, better made, and safer than any Civic because it is.

It is also much easier to make a lot faster than stock for much less cost than a Civic. What kind of HP/TQ mods can you do to a ANY Civic SI for under $1000 to give it 70HP and 90TQ more than stock (approximately 270+HP/290+TQ total). I'd love to know.

I can get the 3 things needed for my car to make those numbers for under $1000. Tuning $600 (50hp/80tq), intake (10hp/2tq) and downpipe (10hp/8tq) $400. Granted not the highest quality on the intake and DP if you want to keep the cost under $1000, but you can get a good intake for $200 and a reasonable downpipe for $200 also.

Bottom line. German Engineering > Rice. Turbo > VTEK.

drepai

Go Kart Champion

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Well somebody knows how to troll. :clap:

I have much less respect for Civic's in general because I believe there are way more idiots who think they have fast cars who drive them. I know there are INSANELY fast civics out there and I have much respect for them. I speak of the ones with fart can exhausts, big spoilers, bodykits, rims, and cone filter intakes that make noise and do nothing.

Your response to my comment amuses me since you seem to obviously be a Honda fanboy on a VW forum. :thumbdown: Yes I think my GTI is more luxurious, better made, and safer than any Civic because it is.

It is also much easier to make a lot faster than stock for much less cost than a Civic. What kind of HP/TQ mods can you do to a ANY Civic SI for under $1000 to give it 70HP and 90TQ more than stock (approximately 270+HP/290+TQ total). I'd love to know.

I can get the 3 things needed for my car to make those numbers for under $1000. Tuning $600 (50hp/80tq), intake (10hp/2tq) and downpipe (10hp/8tq) $400. Granted not the highest quality on the intake and DP if you want to keep the cost under $1000, but you can get a good intake for $200 and a reasonable downpipe for $200 also.

Bottom line. German Engineering > Rice. Turbo > VTEK.

lol. i wonder who's car requires more money to get over 400whp. or who will pay more for maintenance. or who's car will last longer.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Sure it can cost more to get one of these over 400WHP. But there is no point to have 400whp in a FWD. Anytime you want to use that power, you're just going to torque steer and burn rubber unless you're running slicks all the time. Then get eaten for breakfast by a STI with 350AWHP. Hondas do have the ability to go longer without maintenance than most VWs. Anyway I'm happy with having my car faster than 95% of the Civics and also many other cars. The other 5% I have much respect for doing all that work on their cars. Kern, why do you drive a VW if you think its less reliable and won't last as long as a Honda? I think my VW has more class than a Honda among the many other things I like better about it.

MovinOut

Banned
Sure it can cost more to get one of these over 400WHP. But there is no point to have 400whp in a FWD. Anytime you want to use that power, you're just going to torque steer and burn rubber unless you're running slicks all the time. Then get eaten for breakfast by a STI with 350AWHP. Hondas do have the ability to go longer without maintenance than most VWs. Anyway I'm happy with having my car faster than 95% of the Civics and also many other cars. The other 5% I have much respect for doing all that work on their cars. Kern, why do you drive a VW if you think its less reliable and won't last as long as a Honda? I think my VW has more class than a Honda among the many other things I like better about it.

You obviously haven't tuned your current VW to a high level, otherwise you'd be in with the rest of the crowd who has clutch woes, CEL's from O2 inefficiency and other issues. You're speaking to something you don't know, esp with your sig tag saying "soon to be APR tuned". I don't know if you're overly hyped with the fact that you're in a MK6 or just disillusioned by people on the forum talking about k04 and how quick the car is. The thing about the GTI is it will be quick with mods but never fast unless you have deep pockets. And at that rate, a civic owner can add FI to his set-up for a lot less and maintain reliability while snapping on and off parts becauz JDM.

German cars are sensor laden, their computers don't like to be fucked with and will fight you the whole way. Believe me, modding and reliability certainly don't go hand in hand.

And to your point about an STI with 350 AWHP eating a 400whp GTI alive, please get real. Watch some of Zach (Zhijjawi10)'s videos of his EFR GTI that is modded to the gills just eat cars alive. He would spit out that STI for lunch dude. STI's aren't that tight.

Last edited:

CherryRedOne

Ready to race!

You don't need drag radials to hook up lol.... good summer tires will hook in 3rd gear. A sti with 50 less horse power will be destroyed from anything other then a dig or first gear roll on. They weight a good 400 pounds more then us.

MovinOut

Banned
You don't need drag radials to hook up lol.... good summer tires will hook in 3rd gear. A sti with 50 less horse power will be destroyed from anything other then a dig or first gear roll on. They weight a good 400 pounds more then us.

It's funny, I lost a lot of respect for STI's when I watched an 05 on a dyno at P tuning last weekend. They sound mean and look bad but are slobs. AWD isn't tight unless you have the power to back it up and it takes a lot to make power on an AWD platform, especially compared to FWD and RWD